iPhone rumor thread.

Gun Shark

They are stealing even more control of a device you paid for.

Looks like my iPhone X was the last Apple product for me. Will keep and fix it until it won't work on any network anymore.

Waiting for the new and promised Jailbreak. Should be out very soon. **** Apple.

Electra for iOS 11.3.1.

• Thanks 1

I'm way behind the times. Just last month we replaced our iPhone 3GSs. They still worked, but we wanted something a little faster. Picked up a pair of SE iPhones that will hopefully last at least 3-4 years. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ivanwi11iams said:

Seriously, I am here today researching a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Albeit, I am almost locked into the Apple ecosystem, still tempted to try something else. 

I tried to go android with whatever was just out when the iPhone 5s was the flagship. It lasted 18 hours and I went back to iPhone and that was before I had a MacBook Pro and 2 Apple TV's.

21 hours ago, Gun Shark said:

I tried to go android with whatever was just out when the iPhone 5s was the flagship. It lasted 18 hours and I went back to iPhone and that was before I had a MacBook Pro and 2 Apple TV's.

I went to 'visit' a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. My visit at the ATT shop lasted 3 minutes...!

Silly idea to even go an look into it. 

23 hours ago, Gun Shark said:

What caused you to not like the platform and switch back?

Just now, BadAndy said:

What caused you to not like the platform and switch back?

I can't find the multitude of news articles on the first sentence issue, probably because I am not explaining it right.

I don't like giving permission to virtually every app to do everything on my phone as if they are me, without notifying me. I don't want to have to run AV software on my phone to protect against viruses, The phone itself felt really cheap. That being said, the screen was amazing and it was pretty fast. If it ran iOS I would probably have kept it as I enjoyed the larger, and nicer at the time, screen. 

On 7/1/2018 at 5:02 PM, TeaDub said:

I'm way behind the times. Just last month we replaced our iPhone 3GSs. They still worked, but we wanted something a little faster. Picked up a pair of SE iPhones that will hopefully last at least 3-4 years. 

I love my SE. Had it for just over 2 years and not one issue with it. Overall, I'm completely satisfied with this phone.

• Like 1

I just replaced my 5s with an SE. I only did so because I fired AT&T and my 5s was locked into AT&T.

Everybody says the SE would be faster. I see no difference. Not a big deal. It's just a phone that happens to have a decent weather radar map to me.

If Apple EVER make an iPhone SE in the size of an iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus, I will be all over it. 

And, I would not even use a case. That model iPhone to me was the BEST model. It felt solid in the hand, and I never felt scared to drop it or anything. All post iPhones, I have already felt they had to be handled with 'care'. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ivanwi11iams said:

If Apple EVER make an iPhone SE in the size of an iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus, I will be all over it. 

And, I would not even use a case. That model iPhone to me was the BEST model. It felt solid in the hand, and I never felt scared to drop it or anything. All post iPhones, I have already felt they had to be handled with 'care'. 

I am the other way around. I absolutely hate large phones. I want my phone to fit nicely in my shirt pocket.

If Apple ever made their watch a stand alone device that could send and receive phone calls without having to pair to a phone, I would grab one and toss my iPhone in the junk drawer.

24 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I am the other way around. I absolutely hate large phones. I want my phone to fit nicely in my shirt pocket.

If Apple ever made their watch a stand alone device that could send and receive phone calls without having to pair to a phone, I would grab one and toss my iPhone in the junk drawer.

Err, can't you do that with the new Apple Watch 3? I was under the impression it had a built in SIM, or something like that. 

1 hour ago, ivanwi11iams said:

Err, can't you do that with the new Apple Watch 3? I was under the impression it had a built in SIM, or something like that. 

Kind of can, but you still have to have an iphone for it to work.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2018 at 10:20 PM, jmohme said:

I just replaced my 5s with an SE. I only did so because I fired AT&T and my 5s was locked into AT&T.

Everybody says the SE would be faster. I see no difference. Not a big deal. It's just a phone that happens to have a decent weather radar map to me.

SE has a much better chipset, twice the RAM, better forward-looking camera resolution, 4K video capability, better Bluetooth connectivity, Apple Pay equipped, and a higher capacity battery:

5b3f530f54878_iPhoneSEvsiPhone5S.thumb.png.36f7e307f53d7552044fc7c491fce8f2.png

Yes, I am aware of the differences in the spec, but real world performance, I see absolutely no difference.

I know that this is mostly due to how I use my phone. Other than making calls, about the only other things I do with it is track storms with weather radar apps and use it as a GPS.

I have had iPhones since they were first released. The first one was great, but once the iPad mini landed in my hands, the iPhone became, once again, just a phone. With the exception of making calls, the ipad mini does everything better and easier than even my wife iPhone 8. Well maybe not the camera feature, but I have dedicated equipment for photography.

For those that just have to have the latest and greatest phones, I say, go for it. My tech stock investments respond well to you folks.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:32 AM, G26S239 said:

After the next rollout I'll probably get an 8 or X not necessarily the newest.

Multiple rumors are saying the X is being discontinued in favor of the new iPhones which will share the X's general form factor.