Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, tous said:

But, it's green.  :ack2:

:biggrin:

The Human eye sees more shades of green than any other color. This pathological dislike of green is denying to you  the largest (and best) part of our perceived color palette. Embrace the green, man. It may just save your life, if you are out in the sticks and velociraptors attack. :biggrin:

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

I thought velociraptors were green

Yeah and our eyes are great at picking out different shades of green. So, you know that you are being rushed by a Velociraptor and not a two-legged palm frond. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alabusa said:

1972 Detomaso Pantera3cba2f409cbb0f3ca83d4ddcef1441c9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was parking at a large surplus electronics company in the Minneapolis warehouse district,  and just as I thought I was settled I saw the delivery truck door open, so I moved the car again to give them more room at the entrance.  While I got out of the car, a vehicle slowly came out of the building.  I stood there because it was the first Pantera I had ever seen up close.  

While the driver slowly pulled out and stopped in the street behind me, I realized it was the guy that owned the place.  I had bs'ed with him on occasion since I frequented his business.

He said, "yes, it's a Pantera", when I asked.  They had been an extinct species for a while so I was interested.  He said he bought it on a "deal", and now he had a buyer in California that would pay his price, so it was being shipped to him.

It's very small and cramped.  Since it's a mid-engine they came with factory air, to mitigate the heat of the engine behind the driver.  

Yes Lord, I lusted after her!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I was privileged to drive a Pantera, just in a parking lot.

Like the Italian automobile that it is, my knees were under my chin and the steering wheel was eight feet away.

Gated shifter, because Italians can't find a gear without help.

It was noisy in the cabin, but not terribly so.

It was about the meanest car I had ever driven.  You could get rolling in grandma and break the tires loose.

You could break the tires loose in second gear.

Not my cup of tea, but it was just all power.

I would have loved to get it on a track.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbi said:

Love me some Pantera . You could buy good ones for under 30 grand 20 years ago.  Not anymore. Prices have been rising for a while now. 

You are not allowed to own exotic Italian automobiles.

Not after that incident in Leon Valley.

Edited by tous
  • Haha 2