Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

3 hours ago, Eric said:

0C27EC02-3539-4C64-9359-BD8E0E520EB1.jpeg

That model of the Buick Riviera, introduced in 1971 if I recall, is outwardly ugly with atrocious lines and proportions, but I just seem to like it anyway.

I favored the mid-1960s Rivieras.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, tous said:

That model of the Buick Riviera, introduced in 1971 if I recall, is outwardly ugly with atrocious lines and proportions, but I just seem to like it anyway.

I favored the mid-1960s Rivieras.

I think it is gorgeous. I’ve loved those lines since I first saw one, when I was five or six. 

• Like 1

For those that forgot, the Toronado was a big front wheel drive car with a big engine.

On my commute to work there is a stretch of divided roadway with a big steel tubing railing, dividing the highway.   It's about 3 or 4 feet high.  Early one morning I was easing through that section of road because of an accident.  When I went past the wreck, a 1967 Olds Toronado was perched precisely on top of the railing with all four wheels hanging.  No other damaged cars were around.

I suspect that the guy must have hit the throttle to change into the inside lane, failed to correct fast enough and the front wheel caught the posts for the railing, then it crawled up there by itself.  It had very little body damage so I didn't think it was pushed up there.

Anyway, whatever the story, it was an impressive sight!  I got to work on time.

CARS-05.JPG

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

I suggest that the GM offerings in the 1970s were eminently forgettable and devoid of style, save the Riviera and  Toronado.

At least Ford and Chrysler, and to a lesser extent, AMC, tried with the Granada, Cordoba and Javelin.

Not a Cadillac fan, but I can see their appeal.

• Like 2