Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
5 hours ago, VinD said:

Isn't this the car Jay Leno owns?

Yeah, he has a whole room full of cars with huge engines, from aircraft, tanks, etc. they all look like they were built that way originally and that takes some doing. 

6 hours ago, pipedreams said:

1934 Pontiac.

fc20da70cae432d6.jpg

If I had that car, I'd leave it mostly stock but put on a set of chrome reverse wheels with baby moons and blackwall tires and then replace the driveline with a Pontiac sprint overhead cam six, a 4 speed and posi rear end with 4:11 gears.

The Pontiac Sprint six had a Rochester Quadra-Jet 4-bbl,  0.438/0.438-inch lift cam, 10.5:1 compression, and high flow intake and exhaust manifolds and put out 215 hp at 5,200 rpm and 240 lb-ft at 3,800 rpm. 215 horsepower doesn't sound like much, but the Jaguar XKE six only put out 50 more horsepower and power-to-weight ratio would be pretty good.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, Borg warner said:

If I had that car, I'd leave it mostly stock but put on a set of chrome reverse wheels with baby moons and blackwall tires and then replace the driveline with a Pontiac sprint overhead cam six, a 4 speed and posi rear end with 4:11 gears.

The Pontiac Sprint six had a Rochester Quadra-Jet 4-bbl,  0.438/0.438-inch lift cam, 10.5:1 compression, and high flow intake and exhaust manifolds and put out 215 hp at 5,200 rpm and 240 lb-ft at 3,800 rpm. 215 horsepower doesn't sound like much, but the Jaguar XKE six only put out 50 more horsepower and power-to-weight ratio would be pretty good.

In-line six probably easier to fit than a V-8

• Like 1