Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

THAT is just TOTALLY BAD to THE BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm in LOVE!!!  What the hell IS it????

It looks like it started out as a 1939-ish Lincoln Zephyr. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eric said:

It looks like it started out as a 1939-ish Lincoln Zephyr. 

I don't know what it is, but If I had the money, I'd look that dude up and just about pay anything he wanted for it!!!  I would LOVE to see the inside of it and...get a better look at those back wheels.  LOVE that front windshield too and the GRILL!!  I wager she's chopped AND Channeled too.  Definitely  one of the coolest cars I've ever seen! Can't EVEN imagine what the engine is...but you KNOW it's baaaad!!!!

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I don't know what it is, but If I had the money, I'd look that dude up and just about pay anything he wanted for it!!!  I would LOVE to see the inside of it and...get a better look at those back wheels.  LOVE that front windshield too and the GRILL!!  I wager she's chopped AND Channeled too.  Definitely  one of the coolest cars I've ever seen! Can't EVEN imagine what the engine is...but you KNOW it's baaaad!!!!

Honestly, I would rather have the stock ‘39 Lincoln Zephyr. There aren’t many of the lead sleds of that era that really do it for me. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Think prewar Lincolns had flathead V-12 and maybe even flathead V-16 available. Had to keep up with crosstown competition. 

They had a flathead twelve. It was a popular engine to hot rod and swap into other cars. It was a pretty quick engine, for its time. It was a beautiful engine as well. Below is a beautiful Ford coupe running a Lincoln V-12.

8B4BE828-DDE4-419B-B5CD-36AF8291FB21.thumb.jpeg.a10490776936f4cc943ac7f250625c0a.jpeg

529A7E69-8F11-4A19-A60B-96089D2AEA23.thumb.jpeg.1bcd77a738fe6463a5cfa89dc9f00ccf.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eric said:

They had a flathead twelve. It was a popular engine to hot rod and swap into other cars. It was a pretty quick engine, for its time. It was a beautiful engine as well. Below is a beautiful Ford coupe running a Lincoln V-12.

8B4BE828-DDE4-419B-B5CD-36AF8291FB21.thumb.jpeg.a10490776936f4cc943ac7f250625c0a.jpeg

529A7E69-8F11-4A19-A60B-96089D2AEA23.thumb.jpeg.1bcd77a738fe6463a5cfa89dc9f00ccf.jpeg

It is beautiful but wher do yo9u get all these pictures of nice cars painted pea GREEN ? Can't you find any that are painted dark Blue or Burgandy or Black?

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

It is beautiful but wher do yo9u get all these pictures of nice cars painted pea GREEN ? Can't you find any that are painted dark Blue or Burgandy or Black?

That body is rocking that color. It is a perfect color for that car. Broaden your horizons, grasshopper. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

The black one just needs more horsepower and maybe a bigger engine.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/amc-brute-engines/

In all seriousness though, if I wanted to make some real horsepower, I wouldn’t start with an AMC engine to do it. I have no doubt that the power can be squeezed out of them, but I’ve seen too many stock, or near-stock ones come apart for much less reason than added All that power.