Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, pipedreams said:

1953 Chrysler D'Elegance Concept Car

image.png.6122509421f542857404b61925f7ab6c.png

A strange and beautiful combination of Karmann-Ghia in the hips and Bentley in the front.

This car is beautiful, and 25+ years ahead of its time, design-wise. WOW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The work of Virgil Exner, a designer that gets lost among Loewy,  DeLorean and Earl.

He was responsible for the bones of the wonderful series of Studebaker Hawk automobiles.

My only complaint is that he fell victim to the big giant fin craze of the 1950s with some Chrysler offerings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

1948 Buick Road master Convertible

image.png.0c04f10abf796e4f607c147ddcc45bbb.png

Those that even consider slamming such iconic designs into the weeds and bolting on 22s and chrome spinners need to be taken out and forced to drive a stock Chrysler K-car forever.

:miff:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tous said:

Those that even consider slamming such iconic designs into the weeds and bolting on 22s and chrome spinners need to be taken out and forced to drive a stock Chrysler K-car forever.

:miff:

I much prefer Crager rims with fat tires and a jacked up rear end

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

There are cars... and cars...

https://newatlas.com/top-ev-electric-drag-racing-top-fuel/50741/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be enlightening when the sudden discharge current of horrendous amounts of energy is turned into heat due to an unexpected microscopic failure on any one of the multitude of chemical cells driving this dragster.

I'm not against an electric vehicle.  I am only pointing out that the sudden astronomical current density unleased on a faulty cell will produce a fire at least equal to that of a blown nitro engine when it fails.  It will be an interesting event to witness an exothermic failure of that large a battery pack with that much energy available.

• Like 3

It will be enlightening when the sudden discharge current of horrendous amounts of energy is turned into heat due to an unexpected microscopic failure on any one of the multitude of chemical cells driving this dragster.
I'm not against an electric vehicle.  I am only pointing out that the sudden astronomical current density unleased on a faulty cell will produce a fire at least equal to that of a blown nitro engine when it fails.  It will be an interesting event to witness an exothermic failure of that large a battery pack with that much energy available.

Boiler explosion comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1