Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

3 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

So the car pictured was a model T with a replica after market body and without the fenders and running boards.

That's the way I read it.  It could have been available from that era, since it wouldn't make any sense now.

Edited by janice6

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

So the car pictured was a model T with a replica after market body and without the fenders and running boards.

People raced the piss out of the Model Ts and that would be an extremely simple body to make, with basic metalworking tools. I've seen a lot of race bodies on a lot of Model Ts. There were hundreds of styles and variations of such bodies, because most everyone made their own. There weren't many speed and custom shops cranking stuff like that out for the masses back then. People mostly did for themselves.

Anyway, I think it is entirely possible that could have been made back in the teens or twenties and little info is available about it, because some guy hammered out the sheet metal in his garage. It could also be a modern one-off or some combination of old and new. Who knows? It's a cool old car though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...