Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

Not to my taste, and it looks very, very little like the originals. It has a tall wing and a pointy nose.

This is supposedly an original on display somewhere per the internet search feature.

01fb52c1a6de99b593c57e3cf42d6653.jpg

And this is what the NASCAR museum in Charlotte NC has on display. Clearly not a wing car. Nor a pointy nose car.

d74c9955a166467baee1b31bdbd3470d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

That's a fantastic looking machine!

It looks like it ought to be driven by a cartoon wolf wearing a Zoot Suit and smoking a stogie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Eric said:

53221D5E-169D-4137-A417-FBB0880E8CF6.jpeg

F0F3AEB0-9062-438B-B680-8FC76BCAE1AB.jpeg

DB32B51E-DC9E-452E-ACD2-3498BFF8C7E6.jpeg

0439A7F7-63EE-4B8E-9363-155EDF6B2123.jpeg

I have to admit to owning one of these.  A friend at work talked me out of a 66 Arctic White Mustang Convertible, Red interior with high mileage, by a trade for one of these and my asking price for the Mustang.  He said it was for his daughter.

This was going to be my "going to work car" that I would spend no money on and simply drive into the ground.  That was my rationale.

I couldn't help myself.  I had to fix the dent in the quarter panel and then to repaint the whole car since "it was easy".  Then I had to sell it because I cannot leave a car alone and just drive it.  I was looking at replacing the interior due to wear on the upholstery and that was too much for me due to the car's age.  I am incapable of "just driving it".

I sold it and went back to fun cars that kept taking money from me. 

• Like 2

!948 Timbs Special. Built by Norman Timbs who was an automotive engineer. By the late ‘40s, Timbs had already made a name for himself by creating the Blue Crown Special Indy car racers, which won the Indy 500 on several occasions. The Timbs special roadster was a one-off and only o ne was ever built and for a while it was lost and then found abadoned in teh southern california desert. Then it was completely restored only to be destroyed in the 2018 Malibu fire.

It had a mid engined straight 8 1948 Buick with dual carbs. The overhead valve Buick straight 8 was the most powerful American production engine of that era. It had a transaxle made of Ford and Packard components and a lightweight aluminum body and achieved a 130 MPH top speed.

1948Timbs-Special.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Borg warner said:

!948 Timbs Special. Built by Norman Timbs who was an automotive engineer. By the late ‘40s, Timbs had already made a name for himself by creating the Blue Crown Special Indy car racers, which won the Indy 500 on several occasions. The Timbs special roadster was a one-off and only o ne was ever built and for a while it was lost and then found abadoned in teh southern california desert. Then it was completely restored only to be destroyed in the 2018 Malibu fire.

It had a mid engined straight 8 1948 Buick with dual carbs. The overhead valve Buick straight 8 was the most powerful American production engine of that era. It had a transaxle made of Ford and Packard components and a lightweight aluminum body and achieved a 130 MPH top speed.

1948Timbs-Special.jpg

Maybe it's just me but that would look more like a future car if it was reversed. The back should be the front and vice-versa. In the big picture, good luck parallel parking that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

Maybe it's just me but that would look more like a future car if it was reversed. The back should be the front and vice-versa. In the big picture, good luck parallel parking that.

It was 17 feet long. It would be easier to parallel park than a Chevy silverado long bed with a 4 door cab which is 22 feet long.  And you can also see behind you better with the Timbs Special Roadster that with a 4 door long bed truck.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2