Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

4 hours ago, Borg warner said:

In 1975 to 1976 a Cadillac Coupe de Ville was made into a custom body pickup. It was an upscale El Camino. The floor bed could carry flat plywood 4 x 8 sheets with the tail gate closed while the driver and the passenger ride in great comfort. A hidden storage area was at the end of the floor bed. It was used to store small articles of value out of view. The spare tire was also located there in the back. There was a metal cover that had a lock on it, just as a trunk would also have. Traditional Coach Works manufactured 204 Cadillac Mirage's. There were also several other companies that made pickup trucks from the front wheel drive El dorado and also from the standard Coupe de Ville. Traditional Coach Works built theirs to Cadillac standards and one could be ordered through a participating Cadillac dealer.

CadillacMirage_01_1000.jpg

I saw one of those once. 

The attention to detail was really incredible.  The one I saw and the basic corrugated type floor in the bed, but each ridge was topped with a really nice chrome or stainless strip. Not something that one would use to haul real cargo, but I suppose the customer that was looking at a Cadillac Coupe DeCamino was not going to be hauling junk.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Dude! You can do better!

Probably, but it fits my limited needs at the moment.

The real fun is sitting in my garage in a state of pre restoration dissasembly. 

1962 Alfa Romeo Spider Giulietta. I have a long way to go on it though.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

1966. Yeah, baby!

86B34851-B6D6-4395-8746-53C14B547D23.jpeg.4adaee29bad7237b0f6deed88d3817cb.jpeg

If you do not know the significance of this pic, you are not a true car guy. 

I have an autographed lithograph of a painting of that by Nicholas Watts. Autographed by the artist and Chris Amon.

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, racerford said:

Looks like a Henry J. They were popular to turn into drag cars.

That’s the one. They were also marketed by Sears as the Allstate, for a few years. Most of the ones like the one in the pic got used up drag racing. They make a seriously badass drag car or street rod. 

f40clash600.jpg

That's a lot of money about to come together.........

I always got a kick out of this guy:

ferrari-f40-owner-de.jpg

This dude drives the hell out of his F40.  Did the Pike's Peak hill climb (I think), Bonneville, all kinds of things.

Dude is definitely a driver and not just a 'collector.'

• Like 2