Any IDPA shooters?

BMyers

I used to shoot it occasionally, but would choose USPSA should there be an option. I rarely shoot it now, only one match since the new rule book. It’s not that I won’t its just that it fell below other options wth the new rule book, like steel challenge and knockdown steel. 

I shoot competition at every opportunity, health and weather permitting. 

I have two regulation IDPA matches a month, two IDPA derivative outlaw matches, a USPSA shoot (THIS AFTERNOON!), a Steel Challenge, some sort of novelty match at the indoor range and now a GSSF Indoor League.  Phew.  But shooting is my only outdoor hobby.  I don't fish, golf, or tailgate, etc.

I haven’t shot IDPA in a few years since my work schedule changed. I’m always working when it is held here. I do regularly set up a classifier and work on my time though. There is an evening match at an indoor range, but they won’t let you keep your brass so I don’t go.  With the new division (CCP) I would be able to shoot my EDC (G19) which would be great. 

Been shooting it since before it started in the 90's; Hackathorn and I were both members of the same club in Ohio.  He would set up stages to work the bugs out and we would shoot them.

Lately the club I shoot at 10 minutes away stopped IDPA matches; lack of interest. So now it is an hour+ drive to get to a match. I busy myself with Steel Challenge now .

On 7/5/2018 at 6:14 PM, Appalachained said:

I haven’t shot IDPA in a few years since my work schedule changed. I’m always working when it is held here. I do regularly set up a classifier and work on my time though. There is an evening match at an indoor range, but they won’t let you keep your brass so I don’t go.  With the new division (CCP) I would be able to shoot my EDC (G19) which would be great. 

That is what I shoot, G19 in CCP. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.