M&P Shield 9mm

ivanwi11iams

I bought the 9mm Shield in 2013.

I liked the 9mm so much I bought the 40 and 45.

Good guns.

A few lady friends also have 9mm Shields and like them.

I gave one lady about 800 rounds of Russian steel case ammo to blast away.  About the time she was shooting the last box I happened to catch a picture of the only Shield jam I know of.

As the slide was in full recoil, the case, instead of ejecting, spun 180 degrees in the ejection port.

The shell jammed the slide as it came forward.

The lady finished off the rest of the Russian ammo without any more problems.

5b3cc231e4089_ShieldRussianjam.JPG.639b2b8777c53fbc208df55d64465dd9.JPG

• Like 1

Would've bought the Shield had Palmetto State kept the sale going at the time. Went to the Walther PPS M2 LE and not sorry at all, great gun and easy to carry and shoot. Have since added a SA XDE, another great gun which I prefer to carry over the PPS and my G19.

My wife and I each have one in 9mm. If I run across a 9mm 2.0 non safety for under $300.00 I'll pick that up only because of the slide serrations. 

The one I have is great except for the missing serrations, I have paid to have a couple of my full size guns machined so I am now "used to having them".

At one time I had a "thing" for small single stack 9mil pistols. I can't say any had performance problems-- even the recalled XDs.  My coworker wanted a Shield and I sold it several months ago and recently traded the G43 for a P365.  Today I just have the LC9s.

The Shield has a bit longer grip and felt good in the hand. The trigger and sights are very adequate. All and all it was a solid gun and should serve you well.

17268488515_57517750fe_b.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Mr. Warren Peace said:

I have multiple Glocks in 9mm and 40 with plenty of magazines and spare parts.  I am satisfied with my Glocks and really do not want to be tempted to add another sidearm.  

This was my thinking as well. But I have been wanting a .45 so I bought one in .45. My SO was talked into the 9mm with a laser by the sales lady at the store over the G43. She will get it next week as they did not have one with the laser in stock. They had my .45 so I have it.  

I bought my Shield about a year ago when I was going to a "Dress Up" Christmas party and couldn't pocket carry my Glock 30s.  It was immediately confiscated by my wife and I was told I could "use her gun when I needed to dress up and couldn't carry my OWN gun!!!  WTF!!!B|

Love the little thing and as already been said, It's a great Shooting gun!!  I put a set of these grips on it and it was the best thing I ever did!  What a GREAT Feel!!!  And, the price is right!!  I even used the leftover tape to put on the bottom of the extended Mag that came with it.

http://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/sw-mp-shield-wrap-around-gt-decal-3pk-p/mp-shield-grip-tape.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Another pleased Shield (1st variant) owner here with one stovepipe (WW white box FMJ)  in first 15-20 rounds.

That was over 5 years ago; 3k+ rounds downrange and still running strong (no parts replaced).

Love my 19/26 but the Shield definitely has a place in my CCW options.

I decided a year or so ago that I wanted something smaller than my G19 for carry.  My top three contenders were the XDS, G43 and Shield.  I wound up with the Shield (1.0, 9mm).  Academy Sports has a "price-matching minus 5%" guarantee, so I got them to beat a Cabela's sale price, then found magazines on sale for ~$15, and S&W was running a promotional deal.  It's a great little pistol at full price, but I made out like a bandit on that one and could not be happier.

• Like 1

I alternate my Shield9 with my M&P9 M2.0 compact (depending upon attire).

Both have been concealable, reliable, accurate and comfortable to carry.

I consider them best buys for the money.

Over.thumb.jpg.1bc57643a1fd11ba99f90dfae91968a4.jpg389079656_MP9mmShield.thumb.jpg.a0103e2a2d954789406f8f467c70b45e.jpg

Edited by aimtrue
  • Like 1