Glock 19X perfection

Shot Placement

I didn't see a Glock 19X thread yet (probably just didn't do enough of a search) so I thought I'd post the provocative title. 

But, I do love the 19X in particular, and Gen 5 is really growing on me. The 19X has incredibly comfortable ergos; I thought I needed the finger grooves but with Talon Grips on my 19X I find it even more comfortable than my Gen 4 G17. 

The 19X trigger (Gen 5 too) is AWESOME. Smooth, non-gritty take up, crisp break- if someone had handed me this gun and I shot it blindfolded, I would assumed it was a trigger job. I'm sure the Marksman barrel helps too, but my groupings are as good as I've shot with a Glock (or maybe that's the blindfold?). :D

Big fan of this 19X.

• Like 1

I know that Iwould like to buy one of these but i was really hoping Glock would come out with an MOS version.   I put my first optic on a Ruger Mark IV and I’m hooked.  

Edited by Cusn

I didn't get the 19x when it first came out but man I'm glad I held one and saw the light. It's not a great CCW IMO but I sure do enjoy shooting it. I'll definitely add another to my collection as soon as it comes in black. 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 7:45 AM, NCGunner said:

I love mine. I've actually been approved to carry it on duty at work. I figured the tan finish would 

be a killer but they didn't mind it at all.

That's great news! I figure Glock will come out with a black 19X at SHOT next year and it will become the duty choice for many agencies.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2018 at 7:59 AM, Valmet said:

The more I think about the 19X, the more I think I need one to go along with my other 19s. 

The 19X is in a class unto itself. From an ergonomic perspective, it's really a 17 Commander. The grip is not at all like any other 19.

You'll love it either way.

Edited by Shot Placement
  • Like 1

I bought a 19X and love it so much that I bought a used one (with holster wear) at a great price so that I could use if for some pretty extensive training I am doing over the next several months.  If it gets beat up, I won't care.  I may sell the one that I bought new, I just couldn't beat up a pristine pistol, even if it is a Glock.

• Like 1

I will say the factory night sights of the 19X aren't the best, and I'm a huge proponent of Glock factory sights (plastic or steel). I only change my Glock sights from plastic to steel, and even that is unnecessary.

However, I found the 19X factory sights to be poor in just about all lighting conditions, except bright light. They were just greyed out most of the time. For self defense shooting, they are more than adequate but if I'm going to have night sights, I may as well have ones that are easy to pick up in all (most) conditions. So I popped on some Ameriglos (reddish orange front, tritium rear).

I will say the factory night sights of the 19X aren't the best, and I'm a huge proponent of Glock factory sights (plastic or steel). I only change my Glock sights from plastic to steel, and even that is unnecessary.
However, I found the 19X factory sights to be poor in just about all lighting conditions, except bright light. They were just greyed out most of the time. For self defense shooting, they are more than adequate but if I'm going to have night sights, I may as well have ones that are easy to pick up in all (most) conditions. So I popped on some Ameriglos (reddish orange front, tritium rear).
There is something special about the 19X for sure. I was a doubter until I shot one. I shot some 25 yard B8 targets later that day and was thrilled to put all ten shots in the black with a score of 94 / 100 in slow fire. I think I'll leave this one stock and buy another to put an RMR and comp on. 1c3b4f331bc75d28911edddf31fce79e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 1