NO LOVE FOR THE GLOCK 42?

moaat100yards

3 hours ago, Fogey said:

My g,4 G42 is a keeper.  W/ Clip draw, 9 shot mag = 10 shooter,  is no problem from bed rise to bed set.... 

I,, have carried my P3AT 10 shooter  for 8 years +.  Some one mentioned ,here.   I can get the thinner G43 with an extra mag to get to my minimum 10 shooter and it won't be chunky. (my reasons for no more double stacks.  Like the G26) 

This was going to be tomorrow.  BUT!  I'm hearing rumors that the G42 could become a 9mm at the next Shot Show....   Hmmmm???  OR if I stay with another G42 with Clip Draw and 9 shot mag or move P3AT to my other side. 

??????????  PS... I'm getting to rely on my 380 acp platform and my wife just bought her S&W 380 EZ and is showing all her shooter friends....Soon as it stops snowing we are going shooting...

Isn't that just a G43? Or a 9mm single stack the size of the -42? The -43 ain't much fun for me to shoot, a smaller -42 in 9mm wouldn't be either..

EDC for me is -42, +1mag, so 7+1, with a Snagmag in left pocket with another +1 mag..Glock are easy to shoot but my son really avoids his -43 cuz it's not much fun to shoot..but ya gotta shoot it lots to become proficient with it and make sure every type of ammo, works..sure does with my -42..never had any failure...about 2000 rounds so far, cheap russian stuff to Lehigh, at $1.30 per round(ouch). 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Took my relatively new model 42 to the local range this am and I'm really amazed at how well this handgun performs, zero recoil, no barrel flash, fired it at 7-10 yards just accurate as advertised. Used three different aftermarket magazines all worked flawlessly, it's definitely my EDC from this day on, fired some hot ammo also, Buffalo bore, Lehigh,  Hornady, not one FTF its a keeper for this person ...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SilverRidge01 said:

Took my relatively new model 42 to the local range this am and I'm really amazed at how well this handgun performs, zero recoil, no barrel flash, fired it at 7-10 yards just accurate as advertised. Used three different aftermarket magazines all worked flawlessly, it's definitely my EDC from this day on, fired some hot ammo also, Buffalo bore, Lehigh,  Hornady, not one FTF its a keeper for this person ...

Look at this stuff for EDC..not cheap but tested really well, particularly vs some 9mm JHP..

Lehigh, Underwood, Blackhills all make. Xtreme DEFENDER, not 'Penetrator'. .380 sometimes gets a bad rap, 'mouse gun', 'ladies gun' but for EDC, concealability, FTS(FunTOShoot), reliability, hard to beat Glock 42...

09a826e0d928f6566c64b90115edb909.jpg

Edited by usnret
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, usnret said:

hard to beat Glock 42...

Actually, the G42 is beat by a long shot. The P365 offers 10+1 rounds in 9mm over the 6+1 in .380 ACP on the G42, while being basically the same size.

The P365 shoots on the same level. The new pins don't break. It has a MUCH better trigger. And I can shoot my Xtreme Penetrator and Xtreme Defender reloads at the same +p+ levels, well above the UnderWood levels.

Img-0076.jpg

The P365 can hide behind a G42:

Img-0072.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, crockett said:

Actually, the G42 is beat by a long shot. The P365 offers 10+1 rounds in 9mm over the 6+1 in .380 ACP on the G42, while being basically the same size.

The P365 shoots on the same level. The new pins don't break. It has a MUCH better trigger. And I can shoot my Xtreme Penetrator and Xtreme Defender reloads at the same +p+ levels, well above the UnderWood levels.

Img-0076.jpg

The P365 can hide behind a G42:

Img-0072.jpg

Apples and oranges. Maybe accurate if both were the same caliber. The Ruger LC9S/EC-9S are both smaller than the P365..does that make them 'better'? The LCP is MUCH smaller than the G42 but it sure as shite isn't 'better' in any way other than size. 

And how much more expensive? It isn't all about size but whether or not it fills the square for the shooter. Fun to Shoot? Maybe for you but such a small 9mm certainly isn't for a lot of people. Grips? I handled a 365 and didn't like the 'feel' of it at all. 

G42 is perfect, FOR ME...it may not be perfect for you, evidently the P365 is, but that doesn't mean any handgun isn't perfect.Tne ultimate YMMV and all that. 

These "better handgun" comparisons get tiresome. 

The new pins don't break

Hopefully your doesn't but.....

Edited by usnret
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, usnret said:

Apples and oranges. Maybe accurate if both were the same caliber. The Ruger LC9S/EC-9S are both smaller than the P365..does that make them 'better'? The LCP is MUCH smaller than the G42 but it sure as shite isn't 'better' in any way other than size. 

And how much more expensive? It isn't all about size but whether or not it fills the square for the shooter. Fun to Shoot? Maybe for you but such a small 9mm certainly isn't for a lot of people. Grips? I handled a 365 and didn't like the 'feel' of it at all. 

G42 is perfect, FOR ME...it may not be perfect for you, evidently the P365 is, but that doesn't mean any handgun isn't perfect.Tne ultimate YMMV and all that. 

These "better handgun" comparisons get tiresome. 

Hopefully your doesn't but.....

With other words you don't own a P365 and haven't shot one either.

Your claim that the Ruger LC9S is smaller is false, all while being 3 (5) rounds short. The Ruger LC9S is also not permanently +P safe, let alone +P+. Ruger advises against continuous +P usage. Do you even reload?

Ruger LC9S

Capacity: 7+1

Overall Length: 6"

Height: 4.50"

P365

Capacity: 10+1

Overall Length: 5.8"

Height: 4.3"

The LCP can't take any +P or +P+ loads, that little plastic toy literately deforms within a few hot rounds.

Edited by crockett

20 hours ago, crockett said:

With other words you don't own a P365 and haven't shot one either.

Your claim that the Ruger LC9S is smaller is false, all while being 3 (5) rounds short. The Ruger LC9S is also not permanently +P safe, let alone +P+. Ruger advises against continuous +P usage. Do you even reload?

Ruger LC9S

Capacity: 7+1

Overall Length: 6"

Height: 4.50"

P365

Capacity: 10+1

Overall Length: 5.8"

Height: 4.3"

The LCP can't take any +P or +P+ loads, that little plastic toy literately deforms within a few hot rounds.

My point was if you wish to compare a SIG handgun to a Glock 42, Then use the P238. And it is indeed smaller than the Glock 42 but to ME, that's about the only advantage(not a fan of hammer fired carry guns), IMHO..

I don't reload. I'm glad you like the P365..after some hickups, it 'seems' like a nice handgun. NOT for me tho, thanks..Not a G43 either..or a LC/EC9s, or a_______ puts lots of others here...I'm quite pleased with what I own and shoot, often...

Glock43x..bigger than P365 but certain 'advantages', IMHO, of course. 

Edited by usnret
  • Like 1

I carried a small keltec P3-AT in .380 for some time, small, concealable, yes, but a beast to shoot, used to tear up my trigger finger something awful, used to put tape on my finger b4 discharging it, loud report, a lot of recoil and barrel flash, not a pleasurable handgun at all, how are you supposed to practice with a handgun you hate to fire, now the Glock 42 again zero recoil, soft shooting, no loud report or barrel flash, I recently put 75-100 rounds thru it as I stated b4 next will take pics of the fine accuracy of this weapon next range session ...going to get some of that underwood 380 ammo heard good things about it ..

BTW traded the Keltec for a Walther P22 I'm happy 

Edited by SilverRidge01

23 minutes ago, SilverRidge01 said:

I carried a small keltec P3-AT in .380 for some time, small, concealable, yes, but a beast to shoot, used to tear up my trigger finger something awful, used to put tape on my finger b4 discharging it, loud report, a lot of recoil and barrel flash, not a pleasurable handgun at all, how are you supposed to practice with a handgun you hate to fire, now the Glock 42 again zero recoil, soft shooting, no loud report or barrel flash, I recently put 75-100 rounds thru it as I stated b4 next will take pics of the fine accuracy of this weapon next range session ...going to get some of that underwood 380 ammo heard good things about it ..

BTW traded the Keltec for a Walther P22 I'm happy 

I shot both my LCP and G42 yesterday..started with 3 magazines in LCP..3 more and I put it away..uggh. Always want to make sure it works but a 'bad breath range' carry gun w/o doubt. 

Then about 250 of various cheapo ammo with G42..a pleasure. Plus about 3 inch groups at 7 yards no problem at all.  No failures either..ONLY problem was putting it back into Raven minimalist holster and putting back IWB..that thing gets HOT...

I made a Paul Harrell 'meat target' not long ago..Pork ribs around a melon with 8 layers of denim..shot 3 rounds of Underwood Xtreme Defender .380 from about 7 yards..made a YUGE mess of the melon..

• Like 1

Shooting that dam keltec I developed a flinch, kinda anticipated the weapon going off, a lot of the rounds were on center but about an Inch left of the bullseye. Tried to compensate by aiming right of the bullseye it worked somewhat but it was a crap shoot without adjustable sights, with the Glock 42 no such problem, right dead on at 5-7 yards, can't get over how soft this .380 is, also own a Bersa Thunder combat in .380 nice easy handgun to shoot, some manageable recoil and  report, but doesn't come close to the Glock 42 which is far superior, just my humble opinion having real time experience with the weapon ... 

Just a point of reference if I may, keep reading about the G42 not being a pocket carry weapon, recently aquired a kydex trigger guard, ( snaps right over the trigger guard ) stays on securely and it takes up little or no room in your pocket, with this device IMHO it makes the 42 just fit into the category of pocket pistol. 

How do you post photos on this forum O.o

The 42 is definitely borderline pocket carry, I wear cargo type shorts with pretty good size pockets and if you look closely you can tell it isn't my cell phone or a sandwich in my pocket, it's a small handgun, with that said I've made a marked improvement with that kydex trigger guard in the conceal-ability of the 42 can't see any kinda holster to front pocket carry just to big ....

On 1/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, SilverRidge01 said:

Just a point of reference if I may, keep reading about the G42 not being a pocket carry weapon, recently aquired a kydex trigger guard, ( snaps right over the trigger guard ) stays on securely and it takes up little or no room in your pocket, with this device IMHO it makes the 42 just fit into the category of pocket pistol. 

How do you post photos on this forum O.o

I have that as well..works great, tie the lanyard to my belt..pops off when you pull it out.

Right below..a 'Drag files here to attach or 'Choose Files'..click on Choose files and select and open from desktop.

trigger-holster_glock-g42_galloway-precision_5478.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, usnret said:

It is anecdotal without demographics.  Old people who are recoil sensitive?  Hood rats in Chicago who can only get something cheap like a Loracin to kill each other with.  There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.  Telling me the most common bullet used to per percentage of homicide, tells me nothing.  No demographics, no double blind study, no location or ethic/racial background.  Just these bullets were used the most.  To me, that means nothing at all.  There is far more evidence both from religious texts and secular historians that Yeshua exists, than the accuracy of this study.

Edited by Moshe