Wilson Combat Custom Glock

Eric

• Administrators

I've seen a lot of different reshaping and stippling jobs done on Glock receivers and until tonight, I never saw a reshape Glock grip that I liked. Most of them I have seen left me shaking my head.

I saw a Wilson Combat ad on Facebook earlier and I was impressed by what they did to the grips of the Glock. I also like the grip serrations forward on the slide. Nice work.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/glock-custom-work/#customize

Wilson-Combat-GLOCK-600x367.jpg.9e69e4e2e8b36ca70b9a93fc4b4caf6b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 3:10 PM, Dave.1 said:

Looks really nice. I wonder if they use some sort of molding process to get consistency in the stippling.

Dave

On 8/16/2017 at 5:23 PM, RonS said:

I wonder, CNC milled the grip, or milled a metal "branding iron" with the reverse of the pattern in it? Or something else entirely? I'd love to see that process.

Custom waffle iron. 

I recently handled a Glock frame re-done with this pattern by Wilson (I didn't know they would "just" do the frame texturing on a customer's frame, until a local shop owner showed me the one he'd just had done).  I liked it, but it was actually a bit too "sharp" in the area along the bottom ridge of the thumb-rest divot.  Not sure if that was caused by the method used to achieve the new pattern, or if it was by design.  I think he said it was around $130 to get it done, plus shipping.

If Wilson is doing this, and obviously they are, yes, it will be expensive, but it will also be awesome. I've grown comfortable swapping out my own trigger groups and replacing/changing the sights. I've got a Glock 41 MOS out with a custom Glock shop and I'm feeling good about the work they are doing to it: removing finger grooves and humps, double undercutting the guard, milling on the slide for forward serrations and some contouring, Apex trigger group install (they are doing it for me at cost) and a large magwell. I've got a match grade threadeded barrel for it with a compensator and am having a custom holster made for the whole thing, that will hold the pistol enclosed WITH the Surefire X400 green laser/light. It's my stupid tacticool Glock. :)