I still like the .40

DUBSY

The gun in my avatar is 40S&W   I also have a glock variant Sub2k in 40.   Both of those firearms I use often in club speed steel matches.    It's a hoot.     I might even contend that I shoot more .40 than I do 9mm.  If not, it's real close.  

The only time I ever felt 40S&W was snappy was stout loads fired out of an M&P Shield.  That was eye opening snappy.  Still plenty controllable though.  

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

40 makes me feel 10% more manly than 9mm.  My newest "love" is a g22.3 police trade-in that I got super cheap.  It's eaten 700 rounds in the last 2 weeks.  I bought it so I could get a g31 barrel and tryout .357sig, but it's so much more fun to shoot than my other 40s.  Anyway, I love 40.  Once the cool guy tactical operator 9mm fad winds down, 40 will make a comeback.:2gun:

• Haha 2

I've been a fan of the 40 since the mid 90s. I currently own five Glocks in .40, among them are two 27s, those are my carry guns. My night stand gun in my last duty gun, a Glock 22. My match guns are a Glock 35 and a 23. Yeah, I like the .40. I have to admit to having 9mm conversion barrels for all of them for when I need a "Less Lethal option." :-)  LOL.

s45

• Like 1

IMHO, one of the best self defense caliber that you can carry.

I tried years ago. First out of the chute with a S&W 4006, then a Glock 27, but to no avail. The 10mm caught my attention, and has held it (with several other calibers) since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really debating on using my GSSF coupon this year on a G23. I don't have the need for any more 9mm pistols (I've really consolidated to the M&P 2.0 line in 9mm). I'm really waiting to see if Glock released the 23 in Gen 5 though, I just can't get a good feel with the finger grooves and don't want to pay to have them removed. 

• Like 1

I love my forty. Old P226 was built for it. Wouldn't say it's snappy.

When I started reloading I noticed the weight of round was usually in the middle of 9 and 45, but the velocity was always higher than the middle. I think that has a lot to do with the "snappiness".

• Like 1