How do you get your caffeine?

Rabbi

1 minute ago, XSIV4S said:

I never realized just how good those systems were, then there was a recent news post that a commercial pilot used the a/c on high to drive people from the plane...How do I get that kind of system installed on my Expedition?

First, get two turbofan engines . . . :-)

• Like 1

Start with a XL DD coffee w/cream on the way to work and get 3-4 more during the day. I know I shouldn't, but there is also a couple cans of Pepsi or coke mixed in there somewhere. 

I force water down my throat when not drinking the other stuff.

1 hour ago, XSIV4S said:

Piety vs. asceticism...Six of one, half a dozen of the other. "Crowing" on the other hand is him saying your boastful. I try not to form a decision on a single post from anyone, but after a few dozen posts a pretty good picture of who they are begins to emerge.

Wow! What an auspicious start?

I created my account on this forum a mere 4 hours ago, replied to one thread, and so far I have been told that I have demonstrated:

- crowing/boasting

- piety/asceticism

Now I am being advised that within my first dozen or so posts a decision will be made to provide a pretty good picture of who I am?

Is this how all newbies are treated? Or, only the ones who share a life experience?

How does this post count toward the picture of who I am?

Six down. How many more to go?

Momma Mia, Mea Culpa.

Ha ha. It's all good. 

:shoot-me:

Edited by Number Six

You know what caffeinated beverage I miss?  Barq's root beer.

I stopped drinking it after I gained access to sodas with real sugar.  I just can't stand the corn syrup stickiness any more.  If only I could get the old recipe.

19 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Wow! What an auspicious start?

I created my account on this forum a mere 4 hours ago, replied to one thread, and so far I have been told that I have demonstrated:

- crowing/boasting

- piety/asceticism

Now I am being advised that within my first dozen or so posts a decision will be made to provide a pretty good picture of who I am?

Is this how all newbies are treated? Or, only the ones who share a life experience?

How does this post count toward the picture of who I am?

Six down. How many more to go?

Momma Mia, Mea Culpa.

Ha ha. It's all good. 

:shoot-me:

????? Not you, the guy who has posted here hundreds of times and proven himself to be a dick. I thought I was standing up for you? All I meant was his use of the word "crowing" is what I would have taken offense with.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

????? Not you, the guy who has posted here hundreds of times and proven himself to be a dick. I thought I was standing up for you? All I meant was his use of the word "crowing" is what I would have taken offense with.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

As it has been said many times before, and will be repeated many times again, it is oftentimes somewhat difficult to interpret the meanings of the words written on the internet without the visual clues offered during a face-to-face conversation. That problem will probably be solved when all forum posting is done via Skype or some future iteration of Skype?

Maybe this thread is my sign from God that I need some caffeine?

:460:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

As it has been said many times before, and will be repeated many times again, it is oftentimes somewhat difficult to interpret the meanings of the words written on the internet without the visual clues offered during a face-to-face conversation. That problem will probably be solved when all forum posting is done via Skype or some future iteration of Skype?

Maybe this thread is my sign from God that I need some caffeine?

:460:

Back to caffeine, I believe it has gone full circle :D

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

Ha ha. Thank you for being on my side.

I completed overlooked and ignored his use of the word "crowing" in his post since it did not apply.

Therefore, it do not offend me since I knew it was not true.

His use of the word "piety" was also not true but that was what I chose to ask him to explain.

;)

Edited by Number Six

I used to drink a lot of Coke, but gave it up some years back. Now I can't even stand to take a sip of it.

When at home, i start the day by brewing about three cups with freshly ground beans in a French press. I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee, so all three cups are for me!

When on the road for work, I will live in my RV and the press is just not practical for, so I do my morning coffee in a Keurig. The coffee out of it is just not up to the task, so I give it a boost with the cold brew that I make ahead of time and bring along.

When done correctly, my cold brew is strong enough to make your hair tingle!

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jmohme said:

I used to drink a lot of Coke, but gave it up some years back. Now I can't even stand to take a sip of it.

When at home, i start the day by brewing about three cups with freshly ground beans in a French press.

When on the road for work, I will live in my RV and the press is just not practical for a number or reasons, so I do my morning coffee in a Keurig. The coffee out of it is just not up to the task, so I give it a boost with the cold brew that I make ahead of time and bring along.

When done correctly, my cold brew is strong enough to make your hair tingle!

I'm pretty much the same way. I used to drink a **** ton of coke when I was younger. I stopped drinking it, and now get sick 99.9% of time I have it. 

Edited by Gun Shark
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

I'm pretty much the same way. I used to drink a **** ton of coke when I was younger. I stopped drinking it, and now get 99.9% of time I have it. 

Third year with no Diet Coke, I probably was drinking a gallon a day. 

9 hours ago, Highspeedlane said:

About 5 to 8 cups of coffee a day, more on non-work days. I just stopped paying attention to whether coffee is good or bad for you. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/coffee-health-benefits-longer-life-2017-7

"....For the larger of the two new studies, researchers analyzed data from a nutrition study that tracked more than 520,000 people from 10 European countries for an average of 16.4 years. The more coffee those participants consumed, the lower their risk of death, researchers found.. .."

I am going to live for ever!

• Like 4

I don't drink coffee, so I get a little from my tea; PG Tips.

The funny thing is, I stopped drinking coffee for a week, to see if it had any effect on how I felt in the morning. It didn't, I haven't bothered since. And, that was 5 years ago. 

Now, the trick is for me to do the same with bread. But, I can't see that happening. :)

1 gas station coffee on work days will do for me. 

Used to have a bad energy drink habit!  Messed with my body and cost a lot of money. 

Currently, losing weight and realizng I'm needing less caffeine. 

KILLERtj

29 minutes ago, janice6 said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/coffee-health-benefits-longer-life-2017-7

"....For the larger of the two new studies, researchers analyzed data from a nutrition study that tracked more than 520,000 people from 10 European countries for an average of 16.4 years. The more coffee those participants consumed, the lower their risk of death, researchers found.. .."

I am going to live for ever!

Good to know! 

• Like 1

I've been drinking Folgers coffee since the mid 60s. Sometime in the 70s, I switched to Folgers instant coffee crystals. Happen to be drinking a cup right now.  :D

Edited by sticks
to edit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1