Favourite Rimfire Rifle?

Andyd

On 7/1/2018 at 4:26 PM, ede said:

OP that Annie is a beautiful rifle. I have around 20-25 rimfire rifles, if I had to choose I'd say Winchester 52C is my top pick.

Nice rifle! I gave a lot of guns to my sons over the years, keeping only Anschutz 54 sporters and an older Ruger 10/22 among the rimfire rifles. It is a tie when it comes to the best shooter, or most beautiful rifles. They all shoot well and I find them all appealing. They all have the DST, German set triggers, and the funky scope mounts are original Anschutz bridge mounts that will return to zero after taking them off and reattaching them. I have a few period correct Zeiss, Hensoldt, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles and Swarovski scopes  to play around with.

1422MC.jpeg

1710.jpeg

1422 4.jpg

extra scopes.jpg

Edited by Andyd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've got two Annie's, 64 and a 10. I have the nice irons that came on the 64 and a 36x scope for it that also works on the 10 but so far I use the cheap irons that came on it.

There may be better more accurate/expensive rifles out there, but none I loved more than my Winchester model 74 that my father gave to me when I was around 10 years old.  The only .22 caliber rifle I ever owned or wanted. I recently gave it to my son who has since given it to his daughter.

• Like 1

I would guess my 10 22 but I have others I like as well. But not a huge fan of rimfire to be honest. I like 9mm Carbines better. Or my ARs. I also have several rifles I inherited that I have never fired. But guns and Corvettes I never sell. I just keep them and add to the collection. Only ever sold one of each and have regretted it ever since. My H&R convertible 22 \ 22 Mag. My 81 Vette. My first one.

Edited by Duramaxsky

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, gwalchmai said:

I have a CZ 452 Lux that I'm partial to. It's like a mini-Mauser. If I were buying a new one I'd probably get a 455 American.

I always wanted one of these, but the stars never aligned.

wm_11079503.thumb.jpg.5faf89e3b3e258ccee975462d5cf29a2.jpg

I have one, a Belgian Browning ATD. Before that I had a Norinco copy that was so accurate I could hardly believe it. After that I wanted a real Browning and years later I found one at Cabelas for a good price but the exterior was rough. I refinished the stock with hqand rubbed coats of tung oil and had it reblued and had a trigger job done on it. I also got a leupold scope mount for it and mounted a 4x Leupold on it. I'm over 70 and Iron sights are hard to see or otherwise I would have never scoped it.

• Like 1

My Favorite is a Remington Sportmaster 512X  that belonged to my Grandfather. He taught me to shoot with it & I have taught my children to shoot with that rifle. It is my hope that they will teach their children to shoot with it 

. qec9oyX.jpg

Edited by ccm2361
  • Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:12 AM, Appalachained said:

I have a couple of older Marlin 60’s, a 10/22 and this CZ 455Varmint.  The CZ is my favorite. It shoots better than MOA all day long with most Ammo and better with good match Ammo. 

A248C68C-F497-43FA-8E21-F1425EBC7E58.jpeg

Beautiful wood.

• Thanks 1

Anschutz 1517 that belonged to my grandfather. It’s an early one, 2002 mfg, he purchased it as soon as the .17HMR was introduced and put a Leupold on it. He hadn’t bought a new rifle since the 70s but the cartridge intrigued him. The rifle passed into my hands in May 2010 when he passed away and that thing drives racks all day long. 

• Like 1

Remington model 34.

My Dad's.  He bought it during the depression, by raising tomatoes on the family farm.  Sometime in the 1960's he had the barrel reblued, and refinished the stock.  The one in the photo is not mine, I need to dig it out of the safe. 

Remington_Model_34.jpg

• Like 1

I would have to say my all time favorite will always be the 10/22.   

My son and I shoot a lot of local rimfire speed steel competitions and just have a blast with it.  Literally.    

These are the two we are currently using.   The red one a PMACA chassis is nearly all Volquartsen and the black one is just freshly built in a Troy Industries chassis with a TacSol barrel.  

20180119_102752_resized - Copy.jpg

20180708_110406_resized.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

I would have to say my all time favorite will always be the 10/22.   

My son and I shoot a lot of local rimfire speed steel competitions and just have a blast with it.  Literally.    

These are the two we are currently using.   The red one a PMACA chassis is nearly all Volquartsen and the black one is just freshly built in a Troy Industries chassis with a TacSol barrel.  

20180119_102752_resized - Copy.jpg

20180708_110406_resized.jpg

Nicely done.

Your gun reminded my of a PMACA chassis I used to modify a 10/22 takedown. It's a slick little backpack rifle.

29381034746_460cf8fbcb_b.jpg

29391316966_f1760fc279_b.jpg

• Like 3

Nice .22's all!

I have many .22 rifles and like them all. The one I keep coming back to, time after time, is a little single shot, break action, discontinued TC Hot Shot that TC produced for only a short time. 

It's a "youth" rifle but I bought it for myself.? I added 2 stock extenders that were avaiable at the time and it fits me perfectly. It's a true featherweight coming in at around 3 lbs. It was dead on at 25 yards right out of the box and it came with great peep sights.

At under $90.00 when I bought it, it was an outstanding bargain. I haven't even cleaned the bore after hundreds of rounds and it still shoots right on. Dozens of squirrels have bit the dust with it. Great little rifle!

image.jpeg

All around favorite is the Winchester 9422, followed by...

Winchester 90 takedown

Winchester 62

Marlin 39 

All the above will shoot short, long, and long rifle ammunition; (CB caps, rat shot, etc.)

Ruger 10/22 - for an optic mounted semi auto in .22LR.

• 4 weeks later...

29262492775_78ff772810_b.jpg

On 7/15/2018 at 10:07 AM, Andyd said:

A couple of my favorate plinkers...

Is this a Savage mk2 fv/ sr with a Boyds stock? If so, do you run it suppressed? And do they still make them? I've been considering one of them as a host for my sparrow.

Edited by DUBSY

6 minutes ago, DUBSY said:

29262492775_78ff772810_b.jpg

Is this a Savage mk2 fv/ sr with a Boyds stock? If so, do you run it suppressed? And do they still make them? I've been considering one of them as a host for my sparrow.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, willieH said:

A couple of my favorate plinkers...

Sorry. Quoted wrong poster the first time.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:16 PM, janice6 said:

There may be better more accurate/expensive rifles out there, but none I loved more than my Winchester model 74 that my father gave to me when I was around 10 years old.  The only .22 caliber rifle I ever owned or wanted. I recently gave it to my son who has since given it to his daughter.

Great guns! I owned a .22 Short model 74 at one time. Really a fun gun!

• Like 1