Jump to content
Andyd

Favourite Rimfire Rifle?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I love Anschutz sporters built on the 54 action; the same action that their trophy-winning match rifles are being built on. That action was developped after WWII by Gehmann out of the reduced Mauser action, as was used in the DSM, the Deutsches Sportmodell.

 

I particularly like the Mannlicher stocked rifles, known as Stutzen in Europe. My favourite is an old Anschutz 1423.

What is your favourite rimfire rifle?

 

 

1423 (6).jpg

Edited by Andyd
like always, typo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marlin 39A

Many good .22 rifles out there, but this one is still my favorite.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andyd said:

I love Anschutz sporters built on the 54 action; the same action that their trophy-winning match rifles are being built on. That action was developped after WWII by Gehmann out of the reduced Mauser action, as was used in the DSM, the Deutsches Sportmodell.

 

I particularly like the Mannlicher stocked rifles, known as Stutzen in Europe. My favourite is an old Anschutz 1423.

What is your favourite rimfire rifle?

 

 

1423 (6).jpg

That is just a beautiful rifle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My favorite .22 rifle changes pretty often, its more like my favorite flavor of the month.   But in the long run, I keep coming back to my Browning BL-22 

174973619.jpg

Edited by Faulkner
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a Remington 581 for years that I'd like to have back. If I were buying a new bolt .22 today I'd probably get a CZ. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a CZ 452 Lux that I'm partial to. It's like a mini-Mauser. If I were buying a new one I'd probably get a 455 American.

I always wanted one of these, but the stars never aligned.

wm_11079503.thumb.jpg.5faf89e3b3e258ccee975462d5cf29a2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't have a favorite . Probably my best looking one is my CZ452 American , but I like my 10/22 Deluxe and Marlin 60 also .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anschutz M1517 that I inherited when my grandfather passed in 2010. In 2002, when the .17HMR made its debut, he had to have one, which is saying something for a guy who hasn’t bought a “new” gun since the late-1970s. He put a Leopold on it and a QD Harris bipod, fired it about 10 times, asked me if I’d clean it then told me to “hang onto it.” 

Gun is an absolute tack-driver and my favorite rimfire. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Faulkner said:

My favorite .22 rifle changes pretty often, its more like my favorite flavor of the month.   But in the long run, I keep coming back to my Browning BL-22 

174973619.jpg

The action is smooth. Miroku made them very well and in Germany the Miroku rimfires and shotguns were distributed by Anschütz, Ulm for some time and branded accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandfather gave me a Nylon66 when I was 10.  I still love that thing.  It has slung many a brick downrange.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to up my 22LR game. my favorite is on older Marlin 60. I really would have liked to found my Dad's old Sears(?) bolt action .22, such a cool gun when I was a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 10/22 is my favorite, though not in stock form, but these days I shoot the S&W 15-22s more often... so maybe it's a tie. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP that Annie is a beautiful rifle. I have around 20-25 rimfire rifles, if I had to choose I'd say Winchester 52C is my top pick.

 

IMG_20180501_163749.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like my old JC Higgins bolt action, 8 round detachable single stack magazine.  Sold by Sears, made by Marlin, I got it new in '59.

I do like my Henry Pump 22LR, and Deluxe Lever 22 Magnum and various 10-22's, finally a Henry AR-7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pandaz3 said:

I like my old JC Higgins bolt action, 8 round detachable single stack magazine.  Sold by Sears, made by Marlin, I got it new in '59.

I have an old JC Higgins, also. It has a broken extractor like the one in the following video. I need to get it fixed.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, KBKEITH said:

Hands down my Ruger 10/22. 

Same here. My old J.C. Higgins bolt action rifle would be close if it still worked.

It's tough to beat a 10/22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two,  semi auto would be the Ruger 10-22.  As far as a bout action it would have to be the CZ452.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For serious match shooting, my early 1960s Anschütz Super Match 54.

For target work and for fun - My Winchester 52, 52B, 52C, and 52D. Sorry, but I can't find an E model. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 7:45 PM, gwalchmai said:

I have a CZ 452 Lux that I'm partial to. It's like a mini-Mauser. If I were buying a new one I'd probably get a 455 American.

I always wanted one of these, but the stars never aligned.

wm_11079503.thumb.jpg.5faf89e3b3e258ccee975462d5cf29a2.jpg

I have my grandfather’s ~1955 Belgian made Browning .22 takedown.  It’s incredibly beautiful, sleek, and well balanced. Never been very reliable. 

My favorite shooter, and the rifle I plan on using to teach my little boy to shoot is my Savage MKII heavy barrel. It’s a real tack driver with the right ammo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite is still my first, a 1946 Winchester Model 62A pump. Still love taking it out to the range and still as accurate as my old eyes allow.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 10/22 is my favorite firearm I own hands down. I love that rifle. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love me CZ455 Varmint with Vortex Crossfire II scope. It's a tack driver.

CZ455Varmint.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×