Scary notification

Gun Shark

I think too much cussing is unnecessary but GT has stupid rules. They deleted my post of Hildabeast with a poop stain on her dress. I got the notice and said WTF? There are many more memes I just can't post there. The Corvette forum was like that a while back but they got over it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 6actual said:

I always felt if you need bad language to get your point across, you don't have a point

You wouldn't make it 5 minutes in a shop environment.  ;)  

They really are just words used to emphasize or express.   They are what you make them good, bad or otherwise.   They also have their time and place.   

Just like many things in life some people are better at it than others.    

I made a whole entire post without tripping the word filter, see.  :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Black said:

They really are just words used to emphasize or express.   They are what you make them good, bad or otherwise.   They also have their time and place.   

Some of us have the word filter turned off so you wouldn't trip it even if you tried. :P

• Like 1

life-quote-words-spoke.jpg

14 hours ago, Mr. Black said:

Maybe that's why I'm a business owner instead of an employee, I can get a point made without sounding like I just got out of basic training :)

Edited by 6actual

2 minutes ago, 6actual said:

Maybe that's why I'm a business owner instead of an employee, I can get a point made without sounding like I just got out of basic training :)

My wife and I own a small business as well.    Don't swear in that environment.     

I also work in a shop with 4 other guys.   Yes, we often swear like drunken sailors.    

Like I said before, to each their own.  They're just words.    

If you choose to look down on someone else because of how they speak, then that is your own prerogative.  ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Black said:

My wife and I own a small business as well.    Don't swear in that environment.     

I also work in a shop with 4 other guys.   Yes, we often swear like drunken sailors.    

Like I said before, to each their own.  They're just words.    

If you choose to look down on someone else because of how they speak, then that is your own prerogative.  ;) 

Not looking down on you or anyone :cheers: Just sayin, 8 years in .Mil and 5 years in the oil field, 20 years in commercial diving I have always found it hard to take people seriously who curse to get a point across. Cussing doesn't make one look tough or a spec ops operator, it just makes people not take them very seriously. 

“Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” Spencer W. Kimball

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 6actual said:

Not looking down on you or anyone :cheers: Just sayin, 8 years in .Mil and 5 years in the oil field, 20 years in commercial diving I have always found it hard to take people seriously who curse to get a point across. Cussing doesn't make one look tough or a spec ops operator, it just makes people not take them very seriously. 

“Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” Spencer W. Kimball

Not taking someone seriously, simply because they are using profanity, is a fairly unintelligent thing to do. I know some incredibly intelligent people, with doctoral engineering degrees from Ivy League colleges, they have businesses and inventions using those degrees... They curse like you cannot believe. Not taking them seriously, is very unintelligent.

• Like 1

My personal thoughts are that there is a time and a place for cursing;  it's for when you really need to.  Usually associated with some type of strong physical stress. 

Yes, I am sure that there are plenty of very intelligent people out there that swear constantly.  I just really don't understand why they do it, and don't want to be around them.  It tends to make me uncomfortable to be around, because, to me, it is a sign that something is wrong, there is a bad situation, and we need to do something to change the situation.  It is a low level malevolence to be around constantly, and can adversely affect some people's mental balance to be around.

Yes, I swear occasionally, but like the line in "The Air Up There"  I only do it if I REALLY mean it.  

Two short stories about swearing, just as examples.

I used to work for a large company that did small engine repair for several big box stores.  One of the summer employees was a good guy, right up to the moment he walked into work and clocked in.  From that point on it was pretty much nothing but swearing and cursing about pretty much everything.  

One day he managed to hurt himself.  Nothing major, but nobody knew that anything different had happened and that he needed medical assistance for a while, because he was always swearing to begine with, how could we tell the difference?

On the other side of the coin, I once called one of my cousins an @$$hole. That stopped him dead in his tracks, and he quit what he was doing to come see what was going on.  He had never heard me swear before, so just one word (that he heard pretty often, because he really was a bit of an @$$hole) was enough to change the situation.

Now, if swearing is your thing, I'm not saying it's wrong or that you are a bad person.  I'm just saying that, as an individual that doesn't use that type of language much, it is my preference to stay away from people that use swearing excessively.