Most Annoying Questions Asked...

Eric

On 8/16/2017 at 12:15 AM, DWARREN123 said:

How to clean it, how to lube it. Just read the manual folks, please!

The only Glock I have ever owned was a LE G22 trade in.

It came with night sights and 3 mags, no case, no lock, no manual.

I wound up printing off a thread from the other site that showed me how to field strip, clean and lube it.

• Like 1

My "favorite" Glock newbie questions have to do with it melting.

No, it will not melt in your car.  No, it will not melt if you shoot it too much at once.

No, you didn't see it happen.  No, it didn't happen to a guy you know.

Just now, JTMac said:

My "favorite" Glock newbie questions have to do with it melting.

No, it will not melt in your car.  No, it will not melt if you shoot it too much at once.

No, you didn't see it happen.  No, it didn't happen to a guy you know.

Actually I think it does melt after shooting it too many times in one sitting. I'll try and find that video of someone shooting a Glock 17 fully automatic for I think 1000 plus rounds. I know it was posted on TOS.

2 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

Actually I think it does melt after shooting it too many times in one sitting. I'll try and find that video of someone shooting a Glock 17 fully automatic for I think 1000 plus rounds. I know it was posted on TOS.

I'd love to see that!  It sounds awesome.

Of course, Jim Bob will assume that's what will happen after a few couple hundred rounds of Winchester white box through his G19 on range day.

g17melt.jpg

On 9/9/2017 at 9:09 AM, Spats McGee said:

I have to agree with part of the OP.  While I'm too old & busy to get very worked up over gun questions, the one that makes me shake my head is:  "I just bought my first Glock.  What accessories do I need?"  I'm always tempted to just say, "Ammo.  Lots and lots of ammo."

Please, do not just be tempted, chime in with just that.  That is a VERY good answer by all counts.:shooting-two-guns:

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 8:01 PM, JTMac said:

I'd love to see that!  It sounds awesome.

Of course, Jim Bob will assume that's what will happen after a few couple hundred rounds of Winchester white box through his G19 on range day.

g17melt.jpg

I think I was wrong, I don't believe it melted, but then again I just skipped through the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess the things that I get annoyed at are the "experienced" GT posters who think questions asked by a Glock newbie are an opportunity to post junk or ridicule instead of simply providing a straight answer.

When I was younger 38 Special was not the only 38 caliber ammo available at the local hardware store. So we asked questions and got the right 38 ammo instead of blowing up the gun with high powered 38 special ammo.

Simple stuff? Yes, but the correct answer made a  real difference.