Most Annoying Questions Asked...

Eric

• 4 months later...
On September 12, 2017 at 1:43 PM, JJHNSN said:

"Why do you need a gun to feel safe?"

"What are you so afraid of?"

That one gets me too.

I usually just answer that I don't need one to feel safe. I only need one for that time when you or I are not safe.

• Like 3

On 9/11/2017 at 12:05 AM, Eric said:

I feel perfectly safe carrying that way. I told that guy that if he didn't think he could carry that way safely, then by all means, he should not do so. That irritated him a bit, but he was the one getting his panties in a bunch.

I did sort of get excited when I noticed a hammer back on a loaded chamber.  Of course, it was on a SIG and the pistol was inserted in an appendix carry holster.  I gently suggested the individual carefully remove the pistol and decock it.  1911s?  Nope, doesn't bother me in the least.

• 5 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 12:28 PM, Bruce said:

What is wrong with my magazine - it rattles?

I jammed the magazine in harder than I should have and the slide went into battery by itself.  What did I break?

I'd give that question a pass- at least they didn't say "clip!" :D

On 9/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, Sprout said:

Why does my Glock shoot low and left?

To this very question the other day I answered, "Your barrel is obviously bent to the left. You should get a new gun."

I repented before he went to his LGS...

Edited by Shot Placement
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shot Placement said:

To this very question the other day I answered, "Your barrel is obviously bent to the left." You should get a new gun.

I repented before he went to his LGS...

LMFAO I would have had to follow him the shop and watch the hilarity when he mentioned his bent barrel.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2017 at 12:04 AM, Eric said:

Before I start, this isn't meant to be an insult to anyone new to Glocks or new to guns and I truly believe that the only stupid question is the one left unanswered

I believe you meant to say "the only stupid question is the one left unasked". 

I really don't like the questions regarding which Glock (or other brand/model) should the OP buy next?; similarly, which one of two or more Glocks should the OP buy next?

If a person doesn't know at that moment, then don't buy anything.  If you don't have enough money to buy the two or more guns being considered, then don't buy anything.  Choose one (or more), buy it, and later buy the other.  I don't know a person's full financial condition to be able to truly understand why someone on the internet can't buy all the guns being considered.  I don't get any commission or have any vested interest in helping someone choose his/her next firearm.  I'm not their salesperson, and I'm certainly not their parent.  We're (probably) all adults here and should be able to make our own (give or take) $500 decisions.  If someone has a Glock (or some other firearm/handgun already) and really wants to spend a limited amount of money, then buy ammo for the Glock already owned.

One that always seems to stump new owners. "When I take the slide off the gun my recoil spring won't stay in the half moon cutout, should I send it back to Glock on their dime?"

There's an assembly position notch and an operating position.

I guess we should be thankful they are at least paying attention. 

I guess the best response would be if you got a new pistol READ the information that came with it.  Understand it reread it.  Follow instructions to the letter and use common sense.  This applies on only to handguns but most every thing else.  And for goodness sakes only shoot what ammo the thing is chambered for. Put some rounds thru it get the feel of it.  Then consider adding any aftermarket stuff.