I need some wheelgun shooters

Collim1

I am glad to see a revolver forum on this site. Hopefully we can keep some current discussion up to satisfy my revolver needs. 

Most anything on the web revolver related these days is geared towards collectors. I’m a shooter.  

I have neglected my revolvers in the last year, but am planning to load up a few hundred rounds of LSWC and get back to work. 

I have ave also been carrying a baby Glock almost exclusively. I miss my revolvers. 

I'm just about to hop in on revolvers myself. I've previously owned a S&W Airweight and aTaurus 85 at different points but let them go. For some odd reason, I've got the bug now. I'm trying to sell another Glock right now too buy a 686 Plus. 

• Like 1

I've always been a revolver fan.   Unfortunately I don't really have any classic revolvers if you will.  Would like to start getting into some of the more classic Smiths.  

My oldest would be my 357 SP101 which I bought new in 95 I think it was.  

RugerRevolvers.jpg

20171124_092140_resized.jpg

SSR 686.jpg

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 4

Another long time wheel gun shooter, except I started on Ruger Blackhawks ... until I grudgingly acknowledged that the DA craze wasn't just a fad. ;)

I carried a couple of issued S&W revolvers on-duty as a young cop, and a bunch of different Ruger Security series models on my own time.

I own more than half a dozen snub revolvers, and over the years I've frequently used them in my regular training & practice/drill regimens as a firearms instructor. They're often a staple in my choice of retirement weapons.

Over the years of having served as a LE firearms instructor, one of the things I've often noticed is that experienced DA revolver shooters could more easily shoot most pistols better than shooters who had only learned their foundation skills using modern pistols.

The DA/DAO revolver is far from being "obsolete" as a personal defensive weapon.

Edited by fastbolt
  • Like 4

On 6/30/2018 at 7:31 AM, Collim1 said:

I am glad to see a revolver forum on this site. Hopefully we can keep some current discussion up to satisfy my revolver needs. 

Most anything on the web revolver related these days is geared towards collectors. I’m a shooter.  

I have neglected my revolvers in the last year, but am planning to load up a few hundred rounds of LSWC and get back to work. 

I have ave also been carrying a baby Glock almost exclusively. I miss my revolvers. 

Collim1,

what shooting do you have in mind? I love wheelguns for shooting ever since I started competitions with a club-owned Colt OMM and have ended up with quite a collection over the years. Most important to me is that the guns are shooting well with particular emphasis put on nice double action characteristics. 

I prefer six inch barrels, though, especially for 25 yard accuracy with ageing eyes.

5b38e5529469f_SW14PythonKorth.jpg.3a2c4966544b40429a2a931b32f98591.jpg

I am unhappy with the 686, the stainless steel front sight is giving me more and more problems as my eyesight deteriorates.

5b38e5a80caa8_SW686.jpg.4e6542f38981a3d7e1b54efb80eb6f71.jpg

Edited by Andyd
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, ede said:

About all I shoot is revolver USPSA, Steel Challenge, and fun.

Then a 627 or 625, 686 with 5 or 6" barrel should be good from among the traditional models. I had used a five inch  625 in .45ACP for bowling pin and IDPA when IDPA still allowed 5". I gave the gun to my son when he was about 12 because he always loved it and since then I am always happy to borrow it.

SW625 Nills2.jpg

Edited by Andyd
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2018 at 10:02 AM, ToniTX said:

Enjoying a lcrx 3inch.

Trigger return spring broke but once replaced no further issues. Hopefully it stays that way

Had the same issue with mine, but replaced and all good now

• Like 2

I had my left shoulder replaced last Jan and I use revolver shooting as my extra personal therapy 2-3 times a week depending on weather. I take a 6" bull target and fold it until it is about 2 1/4" wide, hang it up and shoot it in half at 15 yards. I use a 5" bull barrel 686 that I won for first place  at Second Chance in Al's Snubby Event in I believe in 96. 

I feel much better now and have moved on to using my G17 and Smith 617. 

target 4 24 18.jpg

686 Lfr.jpg

Edited by jmax
  • Like 2