Glock 43 magazine extensions

hoppyjr

I’ve been off the gun forums for a good while, but did do some web searches. It seems most of the comments on extensions for the G43 were more than a year ago.

I initially ran the Taran Tactical +1’s in my early 43’s - but I experienced enough feed issues to avoid carrying those in the gun or as my primary reload. Now I’ve read about the “revised” TT +2 with spring and I’m hopeful and wanting to try it out.

FWIW; I’ve been running both Hornady Critical Duty 135gr and the 135gr+P, but recently switched to the Gold Dot 124gr+P load.

Have any of you tried the TT +2 extensions? Any opinions on best ammo selection to run with them?

I realize many folks will say “keep it stock for maximum reliability” and I might, but I’m really interested to hear actual user input on the function and performance of this extension.

Thanks,

Hoppy

• Like 1

I am running the TT +2 on a few of my mags and I did do the upgraded spring due to feed failures. Once I did the upgrade to the springs, no matter if it was a TT, Suarez, or Hyve extension I have not had a failure since. 

~Bear

• Like 1

It’s a personal choice, but I’ve always been in awe when I hear the idea of carrying an ultra concealable weapon like the G43, only to see someone put on a big magazine extension, thus defeating the purpose of ultra concelabilitey.   The Taran’s are just to big for me, for when I carry my G43 in the pants pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis holster.   But everybody is built differently and I get it.   

That all said, I did experiment with the Pearce +1 base plates because they are NOT any longer than the factory Glock finger extension plate the gun comes with.  The problem I and a co-worker had with them was that they shot FMJ’s 100% flawlessly.   However when loading up with 147 Federal HST’s that my employer issues us,  the last round would always fail to cycle in the chamber.   So, I put the factory floor plates back on and that’s all I carry.    6+1 in the gun and two factory 6-round spare magazines in the pocket.  I’m confident with that set up.  

If I’m going somewhere where I might feel a little “light” with what I’m carrying, I’ll take a G19 tucked in appendix carry with a spare mag or two in the pants pocket instead.   For me, there’s no sense in trying to make a G43 “bigger” in size when a G19 is a preferred option in that case.  Again, this is just what works for me.  I understand everyone’s MMV.

• Like 4

I currently use a Pearce +1 for the mag in the gun, and the Vickers Tactical +2 on my spare/reload mags.  They have proven themselves to function reliably.  I tried one of the Hyve +2's when it first came out, but had some feed issues with it.  I see they now include a new spring with the +2 extensions.  I may reach out to them for a new spring and give the Hyve another go.  

• Like 2

I have been running the TT +2 with +10% spring and have had no failures to date. I’ve seen a few reported problems on the interwebs but I haven’t experienced any. I also run the +1 as my primary and it too has been problem free for me so far.

• Like 2

I've been using several of the Pierce +1s and a TT+1 with absolutely no problems with reliability. Most recently, I've dropped down to a 42 because of some hand problems, but, before that, I shot a lot of full power, duty type ammo thru the 43 with no problems.

• Like 1

I am running the TT +2 on 1 of my mags and I did do the upgraded spring but I had no problems with the stock spring....

I have over 4000 rounds total through my G43.....

Still going strong on TT+1....About 1000+

Still going strong on TT+2....About 2000 + 

Still going strong on  Pearce +1....About 1000+

No complaints so far.....B|

• Like 1

I was mistaken in my earlier post, Hyve still says to use the stock spring with their +2 extension.  When I first tried it i had a few failures to feed.  I've recently put the Hyve back on, using the spring that comes with the Vicker's Tactical +2.  Early testing looks good with this setup.  Hopefully it works out long term, as the grip with the Hyve +2 is perfect for me.

• Like 1

Update: I picked up a half-dozen Taran Tactical +2’s (completed mags) and went to the range yesterday. The first run two of the six didn’t feed. I ran all six through four cycles and all were perfect after that.

I was shooting Critical Duty 135gr +P and after reading more on this subject I think I’ll try some non +P stuff, likely the short barrel Gold Dot 124gr.

I have one of the first 43's that were available in my area a couple of years back plus another I purchased six months later. Once the TT extended base plates were available I bought several +1's, +2's & +3's. With thousands of rounds thru the two 43's, I've had no failures with the TT bases. I do use the Ghost +11% springs in the TT +1's & +2's and the the TT upgraded spring in the +3's.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Glockinator said:

If I’m going somewhere where I might feel a little “light” with what I’m carrying, I’ll take a G19 tucked in appendix carry with a spare mag or two in the pants pocket instead. 

I kind of feel the same way. I would choose the G26 over the G43 with an extended Mag. The length of the grip is what prints the most. But this is only me, someone else might be better off with the extensions.  :cheers:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own a 43, but have shot one a bit. Great shooting little gun, but I only shot it with the stock magazines. I have considered buying one, still considering it actually.  I currently carry a 26/27 daily with no concealment or comfort issues. (stock magazine base plates)  Both are extremely comfortable and easy to shoot accurately,------ and higher capacity.  I can't see replacing those with a "not a lot" smaller gun with less capacity.  It would make a fun little BUG for IDPA matches. That might  be reason enough to own one.

s45

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smokey45 said:

I don't own a 43, but have shot one a bit. Great shooting little gun, but I only shot it with the stock magazines. I have considered buying one, still considering it actually.  I currently carry a 26/27 daily with no concealment or comfort issues. (stock magazine base plates)  Both are extremely comfortable and easy to shoot accurately,------ and higher capacity.  I can't see replacing those with a "not a lot" smaller gun with less capacity.  It would make a fun little BUG for IDPA matches. That might  be reason enough to own one.

s45

I've carried a G26 and a G43 on my ankle, either when in a suit or as a backup, and there is no comparison.  The G43 is thinner and lighter, and virtually disappears while the G26 tends to feel like a brick after a long day.