It's Caturday!!!

Cubdriver

13 minutes ago, Foxterriermom said:
My gentle Ginger passed over the rainbow bridge today. Of her 16.5 years, I had her for 13.5.

She was a rescue from a situation where she was relegated to one single room of the house. She had never been outside, and she had never seen another animal since leaving her litter mates.

I brought her into a home with 3 dogs and she managed quite fine. She taught herself how to use the doggie door and would spend a lot of time just lounging in the back yard. Occasionally she would hop the fence and spend some time in the front, but she never left the yard.

She adjusted to bringing another kitten into the house about 4 years ago, as well as adjusted to two additional dogs I got after my older ones passed. She was quite independent and wasn't big on affection, but the past couple of weeks she climbed into my lap almost every evening to nap.

Ginger, you were a really good girl. Thank you for the honor of being your caretaker all of these years. I will miss you. Meet you at the rainbow bridge!

Ginger.jpg

So sorry for your loss! Ginger was a beautiful, sweet girl. Sending you a big hug ?

• Like 3

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Foxterriermom said:
My gentle Ginger passed over the rainbow bridge today. Of her 16.5 years, I had her for 13.5.

She was a rescue from a situation where she was relegated to one single room of the house. She had never been outside, and she had never seen another animal since leaving her litter mates.

I brought her into a home with 3 dogs and she managed quite fine. She taught herself how to use the doggie door and would spend a lot of time just lounging in the back yard. Occasionally she would hop the fence and spend some time in the front, but she never left the yard.

She adjusted to bringing another kitten into the house about 4 years ago, as well as adjusted to two additional dogs I got after my older ones passed. She was quite independent and wasn't big on affection, but the past couple of weeks she climbed into my lap almost every evening to nap.

Ginger, you were a really good girl. Thank you for the honor of being your caretaker all of these years. I will miss you. Meet you at the rainbow bridge!

Ginger.jpg

My sympathies, FTM. What a great girl. :sadangel:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

Ginger.jpg

Few things hurt more than hearing about the loss of a family critter.  I'm a big softy for animals.  Not so much for humans.  She is beautiful!

• Like 5

Ginger was a beautiful girl.  They always seem to leave us far too soon.  Take some comfort from the fact that she will live on in your memories, and in ours now, too.  RIP, sweet Ginger - we'll all meet you over the bridge.

-Pat

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 2:18 AM, Cubdriver said:

Ginger was a beautiful girl.  They always seem to leave us far too soon.  Take some comfort from the fact that she will live on in your memories, and in ours now, too.  RIP, sweet Ginger - we'll all meet you over the bridge.

-Pat

Very well said!!

In pace Requiescat beautiful Ginger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3769e00ca3cfa0b20e92882ad41b5483.jpg

Sent my neighbor pictures of Popout and Peake, Hazel’s two kittens I still have. Then realized I didn’t have a current picture of Hazel. So I took this one.

Yes, she is in a bathtub. When the kittens were young she and they stayed in that tub. Mostly to keep the other cats away just in case. All three have the run of the house now, but they still like that bathroom. Hazel hangs out in the tub, especially when Zephyr chases her. So far, Zephyr has been too savvy to get into a cage match with a younger larger cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Think I have mentioned repurposing small stuffed toys from the local Goodwill to become cat toys. All one can stuff into a supplied clear plastic bag for $2.99.

And I recently mentioned Hazel and her enjoyment of the bathtub... as do her two children still here also.

At any time, there will usually be several of those stuffed toys in the tub. Not always the same ones either. They are rotated in on a scheme known only to cats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I found the fat orange tabby asleep on one of the chairs this morning.  I was taking the kids of the bus stop, and it made its way to the neighbors.  It is a traitor cat.  He was feed well, etc.  But, he preferred the food next door, and after three years here, and being rescued by us from death by the side of the road, moved on.  Cats have zero loyalty.  It is why I prefer dogs.

I found the fat orange tabby asleep on one of the chairs this morning.  I was taking the kids of the bus stop, and it made its way to the neighbors.  It is a traitor cat.  He was feed well, etc.  But, he preferred the food next door, and after three years here, and being rescued by us from death by the side of the road, moved on.  Cats have zero loyalty.  It is why I prefer dogs.

I don’t understand. Did it move on for good, and just this morning?