It's Caturday!!!

Cubdriver

Floor looks great!
I love watching our cats drift on the hardwood floors. Its Hilarious!

Where I used to live, the den was a couple steps down from the kitchen, and there was a folding door from the kitchen into the living room. The cats would fly across the den, jump the steps, bank off the folding door, and dash upstairs from the living room.

Got used to the whomp whomp of the door as they hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/3/2019 at 11:35 PM, railfancwb said:

Do they use the exercise wheel?

Most assuredly. This is their second one and they are well on the way to wearing it out as well!

Edited by RandomGuy
  • Like 2

I've gotten Gilmore to take a few steps on the one I got, but he hasn't run in it for more than a few steps.  I need to work on encouraging him to use it more often - I've been busy with other things and have neglected to spend the time to do so.

-Pat

• Like 3

Cats have no loyalty.  Our orange tabby that we rescued from death at the side of a road where it had been abandoned lived with us for years.  He got fat, got to play outside as much as he wanted to.  But, he decided the neighbors across the street had better fare, and turned fail after three/four years.

So, in my opinion:  Te joda, gato.

But, my wife adores the Rat Terrier pup as a replacement.  She decided he was too small and cute to ignore.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Recall how running sink water is sometimes used to encourage people - especially children - to pee?

Scraping litter boxes has the same effect on my cats.

Sometimes I wonder if they just like to christen a fresh bowl.  I have two boxes that are next to one another.  Piglet will sometimes sit and watch me clean them.  When I finish the first, in she goes to pee while I do the second.  I finish the second, and figure "I'm here, might as well", and reopen the first to scoop the fresh clump she's just left.  What does the little twirp then do as I'm rescooping the first box?  She hops in the second, and poops.

:599c64365a11b_brickwall:

She's done this several times now, and it doesn't matter which box gets scooped first - the procedure is the same.  Pee in the first, watch and wait, then poop in the second.  She's lucky I love her...  :shakefist:

-Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My outdoor cat Longhair...

1e4bb793306e9b317c8fded4170cc4d0.jpg

Something bothers his chin as it usually is scratched bald as shown.

He is a carrier for some feline disease which is usually fatal so I can’t let him in the house with the indoor cats. He and I and some of those cats wish this was not the case.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On March 10, 2019 at 3:05 PM, railfancwb said:

My outdoor cat Longhair...

1e4bb793306e9b317c8fded4170cc4d0.jpg

Something bothers his chin as it usually is scratched bald as shown.

He is a carrier for some feline disease which is usually fatal so I can’t let him in the house with the indoor cats. He and I and some of those cats wish this was not the case.

Of that I have no doubt, and I know it sucks having to leave him outside.  Bummer.

-Pat

My gentle Ginger passed over the rainbow bridge today. Of her 16.5 years, I had her for 13.5.

She was a rescue from a situation where she was relegated to one single room of the house. She had never been outside, and she had never seen another animal since leaving her litter mates.

I brought her into a home with 3 dogs and she managed quite fine. She taught herself how to use the doggie door and would spend a lot of time just lounging in the back yard. Occasionally she would hop the fence and spend some time in the front, but she never left the yard.

She adjusted to bringing another kitten into the house about 4 years ago, as well as adjusted to two additional dogs I got after my older ones passed. She was quite independent and wasn't big on affection, but the past couple of weeks she climbed into my lap almost every evening to nap.

Ginger, you were a really good girl. Thank you for the honor of being your caretaker all of these years. I will miss you. Meet you at the rainbow bridge!

Ginger.jpg

Edited by Foxterriermom
excess images
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5