If you just arrived, say hi!

Rabbi

Hello everyone.  I saw Eric's post on GT today.  I've been a member there for somewhere around 15 years.  While I wasn't that active, I've always found it to be a great resource and a good place to interact with (mostly) like-minded people.  I didn't realize the turn that things had taken but I did notice some differences in the "feel" of the place.  Glad to see that Eric has started a new forum.  Thank you for all you do, Eric.

turkeytoes, aka Mike

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, Eric said:

Not yet. I figured I ought to have something to sell first. It will be something that will happen as soon as the site is developing some decent traffic. Thanks for your interest and your participation. Without all of you, I am talking to myself and that is just creepy and sad.

That does beg the question - how many of these screen names are really Eric in disguise? Are Rabbi and Eric the same person for that matter?

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Someday said:

That does beg the question - how many of these screen names are really Eric in disguise? Are Rabbi and Eric the same person for that matter?

Uh...no. Eric has been to real world get togethers for GT, and so have I.   Eric and I do know each other in real life. I know some of his family and he knows me and my wife.  

Eric's stepping down post is getting close to 40,000 views and there were already hundreds of members here.   The traffic is all legitimate.  

• Like 4

On 6/30/2018 at 12:59 AM, Eric said:

Sugartoes was already taken, man. I told you that.

We need to ponder on this for a moment.  It is presumed that Rabbi is member #2 at the latest.  So if Sugartoes was taken, it must have indeed been taken by the BGH himself!  

On 6/30/2018 at 1:16 AM, BengalBacker said:

Damn Canadians with their flappy heads.

6swwzUJ.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Commbloc74 said:

Another guy from "that place." I haven't posted much there for a few years. My name over there is "fusegsp." I'm going to use this opportunity to change my screen name to "commbloc74" so it matches my Instagram handle. And before anyone asks, no, I'm not a commie. I just really like my AK-74. 

Commie. 

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Having joined GT just a couple years ago, I was ignorant of much of its backstory, except what I could glean from occasional asides and remarks by more experienced GT members.  There certainly was a lingering sense that GT had become less than what it once had been.  In any event, I've just signed-up and look forward to becoming a regular at TBS.

Congratulations, Eric, and the very best of luck with TBS!  I look forward to making the journey with you and your legions of fans. 

Best to all.  Stay safe.

• Like 2

Hello everyone.  I joined TBS just the other day, after reading Eric's post about his exit from GT. I live in NC, travel the state a good deal for work and am originally from Texas.  I moved to NC about 2001 and love it.  My bride is from NC and she is how I came to settle here. I do miss Texas from the standpoint of while there, I had much more space to hunt and just shoot my weapons, but no complaints, as there are options here in NC as well.  My profession is Risk Management and I have been in that line of work for 40 years as of this September.  Although I have several concealable, semi-auto 9mm pistols, I tend to favor carrying the J-Frame S&W revolvers most of the time, as I wear a sports jacket, slacks, tie, etc. nearly every day and the five-shot revolvers are easier for me to hide comfortably. 

• Like 3

Never knew GT was sold in the first place, no wonder it seemed like a 'stranger' when I visited last week!  Glad you're giving things another go Eric, as I too found a few life long friends during my stay at GT!

...Now where is the "Caturday" thread?! :headscratch:

B. :patriot:

• Like 1

Hi, I've just arrived this morning. Was a long time lurker over at GT but never joined or posted. I liked the way GT was in the early days and saw some changes that I did not care for. When it was sold, I wondered what would become of it. I've learned a lot from many of the GTers over the years and was glad to see that there was another option that could be explored so I thought I would come here try to make a positive contribution. Not much of a poster, but I will chime in from time to time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Someday said:

We have proof that they are two separate people.  I found a picture of both Rabbi and Eric, and Lone Wolf I think:

BatmanRobin.0.jpg

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

We have proof.  I found a picture of both Rabbi and Eric, and Lone Wolf I think:

BatmanRobin.0.jpg

Well, I’m Batman. That’s Rabbi to my right. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Well, I’m Batman. That’s Rabbi to my right. 

Well, at least your uniform protects the important bits.

Apparently Batman was REALLY worried about getting kicked in the nuts.

And we'll let Rabbi explain the nipples on his costume.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

• Eric unpinned this topic