If you just arrived, say hi!

Rabbi

On 10/19/2018 at 4:07 PM, KY_Moose said:

I would not mind if both joined this site. Her posts were enjoyable. Never had a problem with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly GKL blew her stack and pretty much did everything that will get you banned in one post.  

I really wish someone had a copy of that.  I'll bet it was hilarous.

• Like 6

On 9/22/2018 at 1:21 AM, davethehiker said:

Glocktalk decided to end my block. I have no idea why they decided to block me in the first place or why I'm now allowed on. In the meantime I have grown familiar with how this sight works. I'll visit both if I'm able to do so.

I really hope this site takes off and the good people from GT will make this their go-to site.  GT has really become over bearing.  Today there was a really stupid thread from admin about using the "proper" names of politicians.  Political correctness makes humor impossible.  Humor and Offense go hand in hand.  Humor will always offend someone, and to live in a world without offense means living in a world with no humor.  Here is the post:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/1-you-must-use-the-proper-names-of-politicians-or-other-subjects-of-threads.1729394/

So, O'bummer, Debbie Blabbermouth Schmutz, Dingy Harry and the likes are off limits and shall not be uttered! 

I think GT has taken the approach of banning/blocking good people through arrogance and for sure a sprinkling of leftism (PC anti-free speech). This is not good for business when your audience is for the most part, freedom loving Americans.   I just wish more would frequent this forum so I could say goodbye to GT.  

Edited by G26-Has-my-6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, G26-Has-my-6 said:

I really hope this site takes off and the good people from GT will make this their go-to site.  GT has really become over bearing.  Today there was a really stupid thread from admin about using the "proper" names of politicians.  Political correctness makes humor impossible.  Humor and Offense go hand in hand.  Humor will always offend someone, and to live in a world without offense means living in a world with no humor.  Here is the post:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/1-you-must-use-the-proper-names-of-politicians-or-other-subjects-of-threads.1729394/

So, O'bummer, Debbie Blabbermouth Schmutz, Dingy Harry and the likes are off limits and shall not be uttered! 

I think GT has taken the approach of banning/blocking good people through arrogance and for sure a shrinking of leftism (PC anti-free speech). This is not good for business when your audience is for the most part, freedom loving Americans.   I just wish more would frequent this forum so I could say goodbye to GT.  

Allow me to sum this up into one sentence;

RussP can eat a dick.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys, I have no control over what happens on GT anymore. I do have some control here and I don't want the negative crap from there dragged over here. Everyone feels how they feel about the things that have transpired, but what is going to be accomplished by resorting to name-calling and insults? Please, again, give the bashing a rest. Let's build something here we are proud of. You can't build anything lasting and good on a weak foundation. Hate and anger are shitty building materials.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

Guys, I have no control over what happens on GT anymore. I do have some control here and I don't want the negative crap from there dragged over here. Everyone feels how they feel about the things that have transpired, but what is going to be accomplished by resorting to name-calling and insults? Please, again, give the bashing a rest. Let's build something here we are proud of. You can't build anything lasting and good on a weak foundation. Hate and anger are ****ty building materials.

First, I don't see where anyone said you had control at GT.

Second, there are some (maybe most) at this forum who also participate in GT.

Third, I was actually trying to motivate more people to spend more time "here" rather than "there".

And lastly, Tom Petty is dead???!!!!!!  No say like dat!

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, G26-Has-my-6 said:

First, I don't see where anyone said you had control at GT.

Second, there are some (maybe most) at this forum who also participate in GT.

Third, I was actually trying to motivate more people to spend more time "here" rather than "there".

And lastly, Tom Petty is dead???!!!!!!  No say like dat!

I built Glock Talk. I owned and ran it for a hell of a long time. The salient point of my comments was that while I can no longer exercise any control over there, I can do so here and I want this to be a more peaceful, friendlier place.

FWIW, I wasn't actually directing those comments at you. You didn't post anything insulting to anyone. I appreciate your efforts to entice more folks here. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I just don't want this thread to turn into a bashfest. If you look back over this thread, you will notice that I have posted something similar several times now.

As for Tom Petty, I was damned sorry to see him go. I believe we just passed the one-year anniversary of his passing. He was a bit non-conventional and not to everyone's taste, but I really loved his music.

Anyway, welcome to the site. I hope you find a home here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

I built. I owned and ran it for a hell of a long time. The salient point of my comments was that while I can no longer exercise any control over there, I can do so here and I want this to be a more peaceful, friendlier place.

FWIW, I wasn't actually directing those comments at you. You didn't post anything insulting to anyone. I appreciate your efforts to entice more folks here. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I just don't want this thread to turn into a bashfest. If you look back over this thread, you will notice that I have posted something similar several times now.

As for Tom Petty, I was damned sorry to see him go. I believe we just passed the one-year anniversary of his passing. He was a bit non-conventional and not to everyone's taste, but I really loved his music.

Anyway, welcome to the site. I hope you find a home here.

talking about Petty, if you create a Pandora station based on Tom Petty as the artist, it provides, hands down, THE BEST mix of classic rock.  It's interesting as I have tried the Eagles, Clapton and several others, but the Petty station is head and shoulders the best mix and it's my most used Pandora station.  And yes, I was sad to see him go as well.  RIP Tom Petty.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, G26-Has-my-6 said:

talking about Petty, if you create a Pandora station based on Tom Petty as the artist, it provides, hands down, THE BEST mix of classic rock.  It's interesting as I have tried the Eagles, Clapton and several others, but the Petty station is head and shoulders the best mix and it's my most used Pandora station.  And yes, I was sad to see him go as well.  RIP Tom Petty.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

4 hours ago, G26-Has-my-6 said:

I think GT has taken the approach of banning/blocking good people through arrogance and for sure a sprinkling of leftism (PC anti-free speech). This is not good for business when your audience is for the most part, freedom loving Americans.   I just wish more would frequent this forum so I could say goodbye to GT.  

I came here when Eric sent his letter that he was leaving the other site for good.  I hadn’t been there for a while because I didn’t like the way it was going.  I just came here, and never looked back.  I’m sorry for what is happening on a site I once loved, but it is impossible to move forward while constantly looking over your shoulder.  

So welcome, stay and enjoy.  

Hawk 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just found this place and thought I would introduce myself. I am the typical "type A" personality, former business owner, conservative, Christian and patriot!

As my handle suggests, I have played the guitar for 50 years, am a veteran, 03 FFL, Marylandistan Designated Collector, that loves to shoot my own builds and roll my own(ammo that is). I only started collecting just over a year ago so I am learning a ton. I am a master electrician by trade and disabled. I am able to do some small projects and since I am known for attention to detail, possess quite a quiver of skills, and fortunate to have some friends with extensive collections, they bring their new acquisitions to me to check out. This has allowed me to work on some pretty rare pieces. Mostly just cleaning and restoring function or stock repair/finishing while being careful not to diminish the value by doing too much. I hate to see milsurps that have been "bubba'd".

Working on some of their milsurps is what got me interested in collecting for myself. I missed all of the great bargains from years ago, but have been fortunate to find a few reasonable prices on some really nice pieces. I do not have any "Safe Queens"! If I am going to own it, I am going to shoot it!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
39 minutes ago, Suspect Unknown said:

Hi, I am coming over from a once great forum, which has died or something. I followed the advice of one of the members there, and came here.

Welcome aboard, man. Glad to have you here. So, have you paid the cover charge yet? We only accept nude Muppet pictures as payment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

Welcome aboard, man. Glad to have you here. So, have you paid the cover charge yet? We only accept nude Muppet pictures as payment.

542926286_Venuspiggy...tumblr_n2q6s00eMH1ttzwcbo1_500.jpg.dff5a27660ee14450ca66cd96f61643a.jpg

It is the best that I could do, Miss Piggy De Milo.

http://bonjour-oshare-san.tumblr.com/post/84415907217/fantastiquechic-venus

Edited by Suspect Unknown
Attributed image to Tumblr & Pinterest.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

You are going to receive some very interesting banner ads now that you went searching for nude muppets.

You should have seen the stares and suspicious yammer that I got, when I went to see the movie, at Fort Knox. Some woman was yelping at her husband that I was a grown man with no kids, watching the movie. I was almost embarrassed enough to leave, almost; I just sat there and watched the movie. Screw that suspicious witch. That was about the year 1981 I think.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Suspect Unknown said:

You should have seen the stares and suspicious yammer that I got, when I went to see the movie, at Fort Knox. Some woman was yelping at her husband that I was a grown man with no kids, watching the movie. I was almost embarrassed enough to leave, almost; I just sat there and watched the movie. Screw that suspicious witch. That was about the year 1981 I think.

The only way I want to watch Muppets is through a scope. :greensupergrin:

• Haha 2

On 11/20/2018 at 5:39 PM, Suspect Unknown said:

I saw the last SAW movie by myself, as there was NO way anyone I knew would go see it and I was on the road and bored.

Being that it is a highly acclaimed cinematic masterpiece,  I found myself the only person in the whole theater.  So I chose to sit in the exact middle.

The lights had just started to dim, when a gaggle of teeny-bopper girls came in, giggling and texting and gabbing and fussing.....

then they noticed me.

I'm sure that the fact that I look exactly like the saw guy had nothing to do with it, but the girls suddenly went silent, froze, and started elbowing each other.

They quietly left.

I guess they must have read a bad review on rotten tomatoes.

• Haha 2

On 11/22/2018 at 8:09 PM, Huaco Kid said:

I saw the last SAW movie by myself, as there was NO way anyone I knew would go see it and I was on the road and bored.

Being that it is a highly acclaimed cinematic masterpiece,  I found myself the only person in the whole theater.  So I chose to sit in the exact middle.

The lights had just started to dim, when a gaggle of teeny-bopper girls came in, giggling and texting and gabbing and fussing.....

then they noticed me.

I'm sure that the fact that I look exactly like the saw guy had nothing to do with it, but the girls suddenly went silent, froze, and started elbowing each other.

They quietly left.

I guess they must have read a bad review on rotten tomatoes.

Ha, ha, ha! That is the spirit! Maybe they thought that you had come to get pointers; and you were there watching a "how to" movie.

But seriously, what in the heck is wrong with people?  All they have to do is sit down and enjoy the movie; but no, they turn it into something bizarre.

Edited by Suspect Unknown
Tidy up.
  • Like 1

• Eric unpinned this topic