I Am Stepping Down As A GT Admin

Eric

I got the feeling underwritten that it felt like betrayal and disappointment. Something that I know all too well. After 23 years of service to my country in harm's way I was lining myself up for what could have been a dream opportunity. To lay it right out there I failed one test, an MMPI psychlogical exam.  In a strike of a pen I was branded unfit to carry a weapon on duty in my own country after years of carrying a weapon overseas to defend freedom at the gates   Hard pill to swallow

• Thanks 1

Kudos to Eric for making the huge step to a new chapter in life.  

As I tell my kids....nothing worth having is easy to get.  You created a VERY strong, loyal following and we're all here to support your new endeavor.  No need to look back.  

Moving forward!!!!  

I got your message this morning and thought "that explains why GT slowly dropped off my list". I'm glad you let us know... evidently I wasn't the only one who noticed the change.

Good luck for the future!

• Like 1

I posted this in your thread at GT

Verticalscope also bought survivalistboards. An admin on there told the members because there was a major data breach at verticalscope, who did not inform anyone about the breach on any of the forums they own.
From the date of the breach it looks like GT could have been affected.

45m passwords stolen from VerticalScope forums in massive data breach

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2016...len-verticalscope-forums-massive-data-breach/

Everything you've said makes complete sense to me. I was a member of Glocktalk for about 12 years. I definitely noticed the decline over the last few years. 

I'm thankful that you've started this site and decided to start a new forum. Thanks for everybody you've done Eric. 

Funny how every CMG owned forum I used to frequent or visit ended up having a mass exodus of it's members to a new forum created by the now blackballed or resigned staff. When that happens once or maybe even twice, I could chalk it up to personality conflicts or circumstance. When it happens 4-5 times we all know where the blame lies. But the good news is that almost all of the new spinoff forums ended up being much better than the originals. The more active and knowledgeable members all moved over, the best and most experienced staff moved over, the lessons learned from the past were implemented, and a newer better site was established. I am betting that will be the case here as well.

Eric,when I received the e-mail this morning I was in shock. After I read the content it became clear that you made a difficult but correct decision. Thank you for creating GT and thank you for creating this site. It will grow and become great. tom. :patriot:

• Like 7

I too was shocked this morning when I read your announcement. Your issues were heartbreaking. I took your advice and here I am, starting from scratch on a new board. Good luck with your endeavors Eric!

Tracy

Edited by AZ Husker
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric said:

That would be greatly appreciated, man. I am going to need all the help I can get, to get this site off of life support. Starting a new site like this today is substantially harder than it was, back in 1998.

Though not capable of any sort of technical support I'll be here with the occasional ata-boy...and a whole lot of WFT are you doing?  :D

I got your message this morning and thought "that explains why GT slowly dropped off my list". I'm glad you let us know... evidently I wasn't the only one who noticed the change.
Good luck for the future!

Spot on for me, too. Thank you, Eric!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric,

you have earned the respect and friendship of so many. This will help you overcome the hardship that was put upon you - and all of us - by the new owners. This also creates a new opportunity for you to go back to your roots and do what you are good at.

It concerns me that so many gun forums are controlled by commercial enterprises that do not have the same feelings about the 2A that we here all share, it is also dangerous to give them so much power and control over us and our discussions.

Pzgren / Andyd

Edited by Andyd

I've only been a GT member for 7 years, so I don't know "the good old days" when you were the sole proprietor, Eric.  That said, I have enjoyed that site, gained knowledge, and laughed at trolls.  Now I just made an account here.  Only time will tell if I ever log back into GT (no real reason to now that it is a "Cannukistani" run company.

Eric - you personally are responsible for bringing together thousands of friendships that will last their respective lifetimes. Nothing can ever change that. No matter what happens going forward, you have made a difference.

You guys, having gotten to be a mod for many years at GT allowed me to see the squishy side of how the sausage is made, and I want to make sure everyone hears it from me that you won’t find a man more full of integrity and personal honest convictions than Eric. He’s the real deal.

I can only begin to imagine how painful this decision had to be for him. I’m 100% positive he will have thought this through and made the right choice for him, for GT, and for the members. 

Much love to you, Eric. 

Scott

Edited by freepatriot

First I've heard about this. I've been with you since the beginning and have enjoyed GT more than any other forum I belong to. I do not post much but I do read a lot, almost every day. I am glad you are staring a new site and look forward to spending some time here. I assume there are some who have kept their display names from GT, like I have, it makes it easier to ID people. The only problem I had with GT was it just grew too big. Maybe I am waxing sentimental, but I do miss all the funny, intelligent, and cordial discussions we used to have back in the early days. Some that I will never forget had to do with the ever tough decision of Maryann or Ginger. Yes, I am getting old.

Best of luck Eric,

garyo

• Eric unpinned this topic