I Am Stepping Down As A GT Admin

Eric

• Administrators

I am working on about two hours sleep today and I am feeling frazzled. I am going to try to get a decent night's sleep tonight and will roll up my sleeves and dive into things tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who has posted so many warm, supportive comments. It has meant so much to me. Eric

• Like 5

Eric as someone above said thanks for the crumbs as i have not been visiting GT much any more in the last few years, but look forward to hanging around over here and offer

encouragement. Wishing you all the success in the world on your new endeavor. NC 

I used to be anti-Glock (for no good reason) until I came across GT. Then I joined and learned and long story short, I own a couple. I think Glock owes Eric a bit of gratitude as I'm sure he's responsible for thousands of Glocks sold. Great work!

I'm a member here now and I hope to learn more.

• Like 1

It's funny that GT has always been my one and only public forum that I regularly attend, and now I have this website bookmarked right next to GT and am going back and forth to see what the latest is for today.  I'm just wondering if someday I start to drift from one to the other.  The Bore Site seems to be homey.

• Like 3

I feel for ya, Eric...  you built a wonderful thing over there, and even tho it's a ghost of its former self, to some of us it's still your legacy, and you should be honored for what you did.

Actually, it's not bad (I decided to poke my nose in after your announcement), but you're right... it's just not the same.  And considering the way they treated it's founder...  I can't say that I blame you.  Ya gotta be true to yourself, and not let the bastages grind you to dust.  I know it hurts, but you did the right thing.

Looking forward to great things here.  I know I'll find them.  

2 hours ago, Ramjet38 said:

It's funny that GT has always been my one and only public forum that I regularly attend, and now I have this website bookmarked right next to GT and am going back and forth to see what the latest is for today.  I'm just wondering if someday I start to drift from one to the other.  The Bore Site seems to be homey.

I think many people settle into one place per "interest", over time. I prefer forums. If you pick a good forum for each interest, you also get the benefit of each others "social, political, news, etc." sub-forum overlap as well. This place will grow fast now that everyone from GT knows. Until then I'll probably do rock paper scissors, between the two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ramjet38 said:

some times someone posts the same exact thread  there and here .  os its a wash . but welcome  :D

• Like 2

I'm sure it was like having to throw a wayward child out the door; the love remains.

I was getting fed up with the changes and was contemplating bailing out any way; was just looking for another place to call home and would like to thank you for providing the other home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eric said:

I am working on about two hours sleep today and I am feeling frazzled. I am going to try to get a decent night's sleep tonight and will roll up my sleeves and dive into things tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who has posted so many warm, supportive comments. It has meant so much to me. Eric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqcr_zUgv0

Eric, I read your post after getting an email alert and I immediately signed up and logged on here.

I was a GT member from August 2002, much less active in the past five years or so than for the first 11. But I want to honor the tremendous contribution you have made to the shooting community. If numbers are going to mean anything to your success here -- and I suspect they do -- I want to be sure to add my name to what will certainly be a fast-growing list.

Here's to your next chapter.

As a long time member of GT, I should have thanked you many times for your hard work and long hours you put in to make GT a fun, interesting, informative, entertaining, etc. web site. I wish you the absolute best of luck in this new endeavor. I am looking forward to many more years of laughter, etc. with this new web site. Good luck. I know it will be great.

• Like 1

Eric, kudos and the best of luck on this latest effort. I have no doubt that this forum will have the same atmosphere as did your original Glocktalk, from the early 2000s. You built the best firearms forum on the internet once and you'll do it again! 

Thanks so much, Eric.

-A

• Eric unpinned this topic