I Am Stepping Down As A GT Admin

Eric

Hey Eric, I'm a lurker, not much of a poster.  I've lurked GT for years and although we've never met I can tell just by reading your posts that you are a stand up guy and the reason I joined TBS shortly after you created it. Keep your head up, it's pretty clear you have a lot of support.

So I came here to register and support your new venture. I adopted a new name here, because I use this name almost everywhere online except GT. I rescued my profile image from the Wayback Machine. Your GT sentiments over there were spot on. I actually all but quit visiting the site a few years back; it just lost its allure to me. Too much "stuff" and not enough community and content. 

Regards,

Phil (the artist formerly known as G17Man)

Eric, the response to your announcement of your very difficult decision speaks volumes. Your hard work over the last two decades has been influential in many lives in the gun community. I wish for nothing but the best in this latest endeavor. :cheers:

I joined early but admit that I had slacked off contributing here. Perhaps these last 24 hours will prove to be the "kick in the pants" TBS needed for true growth. This place has so much potential. I'm pulling for you and hope to do my part by getting more involved.

• Like 2

I love Canada and especially Tim Horton's, Molson, Canadian Tire, hockey, lacrosse, and their women; but what diminished GT for me was Eric's declining involvement. He kept the trolls at bay, he welcomed constructive feedback, and he made it feel like a American Legion or VFW hall where you knew or would eventually know everyone. 

Anytime a large corporation takes over nearly anything, they tend to ruin a good thing. 

31 minutes ago, TeaDub said:

Eric, the response to your announcement of your very difficult decision speaks volumes. Your hard work over the last two decades has been influential in many lives in the gun community. I wish for nothing but the best in this latest endeavor. :cheers:

I joined early but admit that I had slacked off contributing here. Perhaps these last 24 hours will prove to be the "kick in the pants" TBS needed for true growth. This place has so much potential. I'm pulling for you and hope to do my part by getting more involved.

Pretty much in the same camp as you. With the recent influx of new blood, I hope this place will build some momentum and have a good future ahead of it. 

• Like 2

I was never a member on GT.  I lurked there at work for years though.  Why I did not join is the same reason I hope this place doesn't morph into that.  I joined here at the start because was a place where it was relaxed without a small clique group being the core posters and outsiders be out.  Hope this forum remains as was started..

Dave..

3 hours ago, pw1981 said:

So I came here to register and support your new venture. I adopted a new name here, because I use this name almost everywhere online except GT. I rescued my profile image from the Wayback Machine. Your GT sentiments over there were spot on. I actually all but quit visiting the site a few years back; it just lost its allure to me. Too much "stuff" and not enough community and content. 

Regards,

Phil (the artist formerly known as G17Man)

That logo is SO COOL. I remember Eric talking about the difficulty in doing it 2 decades ago. That is a true blast from the past.

• Eric unpinned this topic