Does anyone have a Sig P365?

Boogieman

20 hours ago, crockett said:

I saw that, made a screenshot and sent it to Sig. The rep totally ignored it. They know that they have an issue, was even confirmed on the NRA show (see thread on Sig forum). They know exactly that a recall of all affected P365 will cost them a bunch of money. Now you can call in and get it fixed AFTER it broke, but nothing else. With other words when this happens in a self defense situation, you are screwed. And for me this means that I won't carry this POS. At this point it is a paperweight / range gun.

Glad I still have my G42 and a small Kimber, as well as a P238.

I was warned about Sig's arrogant stance and declining product quality. I ignored it. Now I will make sure that I post my opinion about Sig on every damn firearm related forum. And I'm on a lot of them! I think I'll also write a letter to Sig in Germany. In German.

Pull the striker and smack the tip with a hammer.  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, crockett said:

I'd probably manage to lose my grip on the hammer and break my knee cap or something... Surgery bill of $7,000.

How about cocking the gun the run a steel rod down the barrel and against the striker hole?  A few dry fired should break that sucker.

1 minute ago, Boogieman said:

Moderating the political forum should steady your hand.  :D

Yeah. I'd use a ban hammer on all those useless left wing basement trolls first sight, no questions asked. But this forum needs content and traffic in order to keep things rolling, so there's that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

How about cocking the gun the run a steel rod down the barrel and against the striker hole?  A few dry fired should break that sucker.

I'll keep shooting it. If it finally breaks, I'll send an invoice to Sig for beta testing and force them to buy it back at full price. If they don't pay all hell breaks loose.

Did I mention that I sued GM last year over my oil eating and shitting Corvette? Got all my money back and then some.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have one and carry it daily in this miserable Oklahoma heat.

If I had read all of the negative reviews regarding primer wipe/dead triggers before I purchased it, I probably would have waited, or picked up a G43.

That being said, I have no reservations about carrying it. I didn’t buy it as a range gun to see how many rounds I could put though it. I’ve only shot about 50 flawless rounds so far, and can’t imagine having a failure while shooting the next 11 rounds.

My impression so far is that it is extremely accurate, easy to shoot, and easily concealed. It has a great trigger, good sites (not plastic), and considerably more capacity than it’s competitors.

To each his own I guess.

BR

• Like 2

DOB June 8, 2018. Put a little over 320 rounds though it today.  Zero problems however I did notice what appears the striker is dragging some on the primers. Take a look at the picture and tell me what you think. 

C635D093-F739-48D1-A0D8-B762AA4AB464.thumb.jpeg.52d0d621e49b265cb6b60c12b70ad7a8.jpeg

Edited by Carlson1

11 minutes ago, Carlson1 said:

DOB June 8, 2018. Put a little over 320 rounds though it today.  Zero problems however I did notice what appears the striker is dragging some on the primers. Take a look at the picture and tell me what you think. 

C635D093-F739-48D1-A0D8-B762AA4AB464.thumb.jpeg.52d0d621e49b265cb6b60c12b70ad7a8.jpeg

That's what mine does, and it is excessive, even for a micro 9mm. No degree in engineering needed to understand why the first version of their firing pin is breaking.

Mine will also break. How do I know? I reload exclusively with CCI primers, and they are known for their hard cups.

17 minutes ago, crockett said:

Mine will also break. How do I know? I reload exclusively with CCI primers, and they are known for their hard cups.

Good to know. The last time I bought primers I could only get my hands on CCI magnum primers and have a thousand or so since then but only around 200 through my P365. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BadAndy said:

Good to know. The last time I bought primers I could only get my hands on CCI magnum primers and have a thousand or so since then but only around 200 through my P365. 

If I wanted to use another brand of primers I'd need another life in order to use up my CCI stash. Thanks to Obummer back in 2015.

• Haha 1

That is severe primer swipe in that picture. Makes me mad just looking at it. That and the dead trigger issues have prevented me from rushing out and buying one. I rented one and loved it so the plan is to wait until they get their sh** together. Hoping it's soon.

I can understand a few issues in this case. Not a big Glock guy but their design is a proven winner and they don't tinker with it. From what I know about them they just shrink the design for smaller pistols. Sig on the other hand, designed this pistol around the magazine and patented magazine follower and that creates a steeper learning curve. They are going about this all wrong and still need to man up and address the issues publicly.

Personally I believe they will fix it. This design has the potential to generate a lot of sales for Sig in a very down market. If it isn't addressed they need to fire their president for incompetence.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crockett said:

That's what mine does, and it is excessive, even for a micro 9mm. No degree in engineering needed to understand why the first version of their firing pin is breaking.

I have a Colt Defender in 45 acp that has zero firing pin drag.  Why would a 9mm with the same barrel length have that kind of deformation?

18 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I have a Colt Defender in 45 acp that has zero firing pin drag.  Why would a 9mm with the same barrel length have that kind of deformation?

Smaller framed firearms have less room for the extraction process of the case. In the P365 the case is being extracted much earlier because of the shorter slide, out to the side, while the firing pin is still stuck in the primer cup. Since the slide is also much narrower, the angle of extraction is even steeper. Both circumstances create higher lateral forces on the firing pin, causing it to potentially break, compared to larger pistols.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crockett said:

Smaller framed firearms have less room for the extraction process of the case. In the P365 the case is being extracted much earlier because of the shorter slide, out to the side, while the firing pin is still stuck in the primer cup. Since the slide is also much narrower, the angle of extraction is even steeper. Both circumstances create higher lateral forces on the firing pin, causing it to potentially break, compared to larger pistols.

I get that.  But my Defender has a slightly shorter barrel and is in 45 acp with zero drag.  Maybe because a 1911 hammer aids in keeping things locked up where a striker fired weapon doesn't?

3 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I get that.  But my Defender has a slightly shorter barrel and is in 45 acp with zero drag.  Maybe because a 1911 hammer aids in keeping things locked up where a striker fired weapon doesn't?

I'm not a 1911 guy, would have to look into the mechanics. My best guess would be that the firing pin gets retracted before the case goes sideways in the extraction process.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Hopefully someone starts offering extra power recoil springs soon. I would think slowing down the slide would help. My CM9 is noticeably harder to rack than my P365 and has far less primer swipe.

And extra power recoil spring can cause the slide to not dwell long enough and fail to strip the next round out of the magazine.  A hammer fired weapon uses the hammer spring to slow unlocking but not an option with a striker fired weapon. Maybe increase the weight of the slide?

• Like 1

Picked mine up on Tuesday, also from Brownells....build date? How to tell....I haven't even had a chance to eyeball it properly, next range day is Tuesday 7-10)

Sticker on the end of the box has the build date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Boogieman said:

And extra power recoil spring can cause the slide to not dwell long enough and fail to strip the next round out of the magazine.  A hammer fired weapon uses the hammer spring to slow unlocking but not an option with a striker fired weapon. Maybe increase the weight of the slide?

The PM9/CM9 are about the same size and weight as the 365, and exhibit very little primer swipe. As I stated above my CM9 os harder to rack because of it's stiffer RSA. (18#) It runs like a champ with everything I've fed it. Sig claims the 365's RSA is 18# also, but I call BS on that after comparing the two. The 365 also throws brass farther and somewhat erratically. I think going up a couple pounds would help the situation.

Edited by Timmay
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Timmay said:

The PM9/CM9 are about the same size and weight as the 365, and exhibit very little primer swipe. As I stated above my CM9 os harder to rack because of it's stiffer RSA. (18#) It runs like a champ with everything I've fed it. Sig claims the 365's RSA is 18# also, but I call BS on that after comparing the two. The 365 also throws brass farther and somewhat erratically. I think going up a couple pounds would help the situation.

You could be right.  Hard to imagine Sig didn't try heavier recoil springs during development or after the problems arose.  Alas, this isn't Sig from just a few years ago.

Purely speculation on my part, but I think maybe Sig is keeping the spring rate as low as they can get away with in an effort to keep the slide easier to rack for smaller statured shooters. My wife can rack my 365, but not my CM9. Ejection is much more consistent with my CM9 too. It puts brass in a pile 5 feet or so to the right. 365 scatters brass nearly twice that far. The ID on the Kahr spring is too small to fit on the Sig guide rod or I'd have tried it in the 365.

• Like 1

Got busy, didn't have time to shoot as much as I wanted.

I did load each mag (the two 10 rounders it came with and the two 12 rounders I bought beforehand) with dummy rounds and cycled them through.  Plenty of failures to return to battery but I wasn't concerned since it was dummy rounds and I was hand cycling.

it was a busy night so I only got 50 rounds through it.  No issues at all.  It all cycled and the gun was accurate.

45 rounds of Winchester 124gr FMJ and 5 rounds of Winchester Ranger 124gr+P T-Series JHP.

Mine has a birth date of 5/11/18.

old striker design

1_B441634-5148-4092-_B644-7_BF6_F96_E053

D50665_D4-810_D-4407-_B2_C7-75439_E06_B0

• Thanks 1