Does anyone have a Sig P365?

Boogieman

OK

Now at 60 rounds...right out of the box...no problems...but, going from my KAHR CW 9 to the P365, is a bit of "enlightenment", triggers are so different...not bad, just different

(First round on the P 365 after the KAHR almost went through the ceiling <VBG>)

These are both new to me and I do like them both.....

• Haha 1

A coworker's Glock 43 shows similar striker drag on primers.

Tried 50 rounds of 147gr and had two failures to return to battery.  Switched back to 124gr ammo and had no issues.  Just ordered a third 12rd mag for it.

Once that mag comes in, I'll load all five mags with 124gr +P JHP and run them through as fast as I can.  I really want to start carrying this soon.  We don't stock any 147gr JHP so I'll have to make do with the 124gr +P.

Got another 100ish rounds through my P365 yesterday. The only issue was a light primer strike but it fired on the next pull. Honestly, I think it was this batch of primers I loaded with because my buddy had two light strikes with his XDS on the same ammo that I loaded the other night.

I did notice that the primer swipe was more severe the hotter the ammo was. The difference between +P and slower than factory was very noticeable. No primer drag on my new Shield 2.0 though but we did notice that the slide return spring on the Shield 2.0 does feel slightly stronger than the P365. Makes me wonder if a +2lbs spring in the P365 would help with primer swipe.

• Thanks 1

Just pulled the striker out while I was cleaning my P365 and put it under my digital microscope . Obviously the old version.

S20180717_0002.thumb.jpg.93fd43375a42542bd4d9e697013a5011.jpg

S20180717_0003.thumb.jpg.1d5e5e055099443cb7ffadef921c93d6.jpg

Not all my primer cups are smeared but many are excessive, way more than any other handgun I own (and I own a bunch). This one even goes all the way into the edge. It's just a matter of time and this will break.

S20180717_0004.thumb.jpg.08f776c000bbf20e0962794dadc5cd0c.jpg

As of this afternoon my love affair with the Sig P365 ended. It was returned to me from Sig on tuesday and I talked to my boss at LGS and he told me he could sell the gun to someone else. We came to a agreeable price and it was gone. Finally, I can go back to my reliable G43 for CCW. I will never buy a Sig product again. Nothing but a big disappointment and a waste of money. So, too happy days again!

Edited by nmgunshooter
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, nmgunshooter said:

As of this afternoon my love affair with the Sig P365 ended. It was returned to me from Sig on tuesday and I talked to my boss at LGS and he told me he could sell the gun to someone else. We came to a agreeable price and it was gone. Finally, I can go back to my reliable G43 for CCW. I will never buy a Sig product again. Nothing but a big disappointment and a waste of money. So, too happy days again!

There are many good firearm choices in the market and you shouldn't keep something if you're unsatisfied. I traded my G43 for a P365 and couldn't be happier.

BTW, my early model G43 had mag insertion issues, very heavy trigger and crappy sights. With a few mods the issues were easily corrected and the gun operated well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carlson1 said:

I now have a total of 520 rounds with out one problem. I also have many dry fires to see if the striker would break.  It is now on my hip and pray I don’t need it and if I do my prayer is it will work. :)

The tip will break when a case gets extracted, not when dry firing. The huge smearing of the primer cups is the issue with lateral forces on the tip. That doesn't occur when dry firing. And most pins tend to break around the 1,000 round mark, which renders this pistol for so many unpredictable, because it usually doesn't break right away. And when it breaks in a SD situation, you wish you would have invested into a reputable brand and a reliable system.

It is one thing to have unique range toys that might come with flaws, but your carry piece should be 100.00% dependable, and the P365 is not. Besides the firing pin issue, it has several other issues as well. On top of that, Sig is lying and denying.

Watch this:

• Like 1

A close friend of mine bought a new P365 more than a month ago. He's still working in the LE field and is a senior firearms instructor & armorer with whom I've worked for going on 15+ years. He's one of those guys who is always buying all the latest guns. :) When he'd first started talking to me about ordering a 365, I suggested he might want to wait until any remaining teething pains might've been identified and resolved after the first year's production honeymoon, but he was in a rush to try the new 365. Well, his gun and his call, so no biggie for me. ;)

Anyway, I got a call from him when he was away at a training class this week. He'd gone to attend an outside training class involving plainclothes/off-duty carry. He took his new P365 to the class (which he'd already fired a bit for familiarization at our range), but carried his new M&P 2.0 3.6" 9mm along as a spare. He called me and told me that after just over 350 rounds into a day's shooting during the class his 365 stopped igniting rounds. No primer hits on the ejected rounds. Seems like the FP may have broken. He finished the class with his M&P 3.6" 9mm. (He's since returned the 365 to the dealer who ordered it for him, to have it returned/ repaired, at which time he'll probably trade it or sell it.)

That experience has made him better appreciate his new 3.6" 2.0 (he also has a M&P 9 Compact 2.0).

Now this guy usually carries a Shield 9 (I think he recently sold his original Shield 9 and has a Shield 9 2.0 at this point, but I stopped trying to keep track of his new purchases), and I'm selling him a G26 he's been wanting (a green Gen3 "extra" I picked up several years ago), and he has a variety of other Glocks and M&P's. He's also an accomplished TDA (DA/SA) pistol shooter, since those were our issued weapons for many years, and he's been working on becoming a DA revolver and 1911 shooter in recent years (not a bad thing for a "new generation" firearms instructor to aspire to become ;) ).

I think he's a bit soured on the 365, at least for a while. I can't buy one myself, since I no longer qualify for the peace officer exemption to the state's Roster of Approved handguns. Nor am I particularly interested in buying his 365 as a used private sale gun through his FFL after it's repaired.

Edited by fastbolt

• 1 month later...

Ran into my friend who owned the 365 the other day (transferring my second G26 to him at a FFL). Asked about his 365 and he said he'd sold it just as soon as it had returned from SIG. Sounds like he's going to be focusing his attention on his M&P 3.6" Compact, the G26 I sold him and his Shield 2.0 9.

The problem with these guns is that so many of the internal parts are made in India. The metallurgy and the heat treatment on those parts is hit or miss, and that's why they've had so many problems. On some of the guns they just happen to have internal parts that seem to have been made to spec but on the other hand, on some guns the parts failure doesn't occur until around 1000 rounds so that would indicate that the parts we made not quite to spec but close enough to last for a limited time.

I would hope that Sig is using only 100 percent mil-spec parts on the P 320's that they make for the military but I'm reluctant to buy any currently made Sig handgun not knowing how many outsourced parts they're using on their other guns. Many of their replacement parts are now made in India.

sig6.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

The problem with these guns is that so many of the internal parts are made in India. The metallurgy and the heat treatment on those parts is hit or miss, and that's why they've had so many problems. On some of the guns they just happen to have internal parts that seem to have been made to spec but on the other hand, on some guns the parts failure doesn't occur until around 1000 rounds so that would indicate that the parts we made not quite to spec but close enough to last for a limited time.

I would hope that Sig is using only 100 percent mil-spec parts on the P 320's that they make for the military but I'm reluctant to buy any currently made Sig handgun not knowing how many outsourced parts they're using on their other guns. Many of their replacement parts are now made in India.

sig6.jpg

Nothing to add.

Well, they need to fire the CEO!

• Like 2

On 9/30/2018 at 10:11 PM, Borg warner said:

The problem with these guns is that so many of the internal parts are made in India. The metallurgy and the heat treatment on those parts is hit or miss, and that's why they've had so many problems. ...Many of their replacement parts are now made in India.

Indo-MIM provides some Sig parts and from what I understand this is a world class company. Where exactly did you get the information related to improper compounding, de-binding and sintering causing failures?

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, willieH said:

Indo-MIM provides some Sig parts and from what I understand this is a world class company. Where exactly did you get the information related to improper compounding, de-binding and sintering causing failures?

Most of the failures relating to the P365 have been parts failures having to do with heat treatment as well as other problems with strikers, springs and other parts rather than the basic design of the gun itself. Sig WAS at one time a world-class company but today they seem to be prioritizing cost savings over quality.

22 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Most of the failures relating to the P365 have been parts failures having to do with heat treatment as well as other problems with strikers, springs and other parts rather than the basic design of the gun itself. Sig WAS at one time a world-class company but today they seem to be prioritizing cost savings over quality.

I asked where exactly did you get your data. Anecdotal internet chatter isn't always the best source for credible information. You made an inference that MIM parts from India were suspect and if you have information that validates that notion, I'd like to see your references. I think most knowledgeable folks know that MIM applied science and metallurgy processes have advanced dramatically over the years, a far cry from the infancy of the technology.

What company on earth doesn't balance cost savings and quality? I have the P365 and to date it's performed without issue. Is the company perfect--no, but its nonsense that Sig isn't a leading player in the world of small firearms. The good ol' guns of yesteryear aren't made today because people quit buying them. If you're willing to spend a little coin, Sig still makes a very decent pistol.

28933892228_9bb4e9356b_b.jpg