Does anyone have a Sig P365?

Boogieman

5 minutes ago, Chowser said:

My 2/1/18 preorder from Brownells just shipped yesterday.  I haven't reviewed anything on it yet, but found this video which I will watch right now.

Thanks.  It is a roll pin.  I've had too many fail to have one in a defensive gun.  DAMN.  I really wanted one.

I own one, some 300 rounds through it, had a few FTF with hot handloads. The main issues is that the firing pin smears the primer badly (gets basically stuck) and broke off on a bunch of P365s. I have been talking with Sig back and forth. They are still denying the seriousness of this issues, even though according to Tim over at MAC they made changes to the firing pin mid production.

I think they need to recall that damn pin, but Sig is being arrogant once again.

Tim just released this:

What is going on at SIG.  I have a sheet metal 220 with the hooked hamer that I bought new.  Decades later and countless rounds down range she's never failed.  My US 228...same thing.  I can't believe they didn't find these issues with the prototypes.

I own one, some 300 rounds through it, had a few FTF with hot handloads. The main issues is that the firing pin smears the primer badly (gets basically stuck) and broke off on a bunch of P365s. I have been talking with Sig back and forth. They are still denying the seriousness of this issues, even though according to Tim over at MAC they made changes to the firing pin mid production.
I think they need to recall that damn pin, but Sig is being arrogant once again.
Tim just released this:

I like Tim’s active 2A agenda but I also can’t help but think he’s too full of himself. I can’t stand watching/listening to him. I unsub’d from his YouTube after his theatrics with the P365 issues.

Re the P365- I own two. One purchased late Jan via Brownells and the other via Bass Pro. The older one has maybe 800rds. First two or three mags I had the slide failure to lock back. I reset my grip and it’s been flawless since. This also had the Sig initial voluntary recall work completed.

The second P365 has maybe 250-300rds fired. All flawless but yes, relatively low round counts nonetheless.

My attitude is be mindful of what is reported. Train and shoot often though it’s never enough.

I am skeptical (had probs with my P938 and ultimately sold it) and have since sold my P320. I love me some 229 Legion however and the 365.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nmgunshooter said:

I own one and is currently back at Sig getting repaired. My trigger went dead at 425 rounds. I want to like this gun but do not trust it. When it gets back I will probably sell it.

I feel you pain.  I bought my Gen 1 Glock 17 (AK prefix) in '86.  It took several YEARS for Glock Perfection to get it right.  Before the upgrades she would double and triple with alarming regularity.  I'm glad I kept her now.  Let's hope Sig gets things right a lot quicker.

Mine was made on April 20th. It's been flawless at nearly 700 rounds. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

It's been exactly what I'm looking for when I want to pocket carry and my Glock 27 Gen 4 is just too big. The Sig X Ray sights are nice, the front green sight easy to see during the daylight. 

• Thanks 1

Toyed with one the Sig LE rep brought by. Crazy small for being 10+1. Nice trigger. But with Sig's current issues with either design flaws or manufacturing issues I took a hard pass. I have dealt with Sig customer service more than once, including over the P320 debacle, it would take something VERY special to get me to buy another Sig.

19 hours ago, Carlson1 said:

I picked mine up on Wednesday.  It has a DOB of June 8, 2018.  I hope the bugs are all worked out. Taking it to the range next week. 

Ha! I would love to have picked up mine with that DOB because that's my birth date as well.

I need to get back to the range this week and put a hurting on mine with some good +P.

No offense, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  Besides the already known issues there's the ticking time bomb of the magazine springs.  Do you think SIG suddenly conquered the law of physics jamming ten rounds in such a small pistol?  The springs are in there screaming and there will begin to be breakages and failures.  There's a good reason why no one else has done this before.

Mine has been perfect through 900rds so far. Carrying it everyday. I did buy a LSI striker for it, for peace of mind though. Of course right after I bought it Sig re-designed the striker and is retrofitting pistols sent in for repair. Had they done this a week earlier, mine would definitely have been sent in for a "dead trigger". ;) I'll probably buy another next year. Sweet shooting little pistol.

15 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Mine has been perfect through 900rds so far. Carrying it everyday. I did buy a LSI striker for it, for peace of mind though. Of course right after I bought it Sig re-designed the striker and is retrofitting pistols sent in for repair. Had they done this a week earlier, mine would definitely have been sent in for a "dead trigger". ;) I'll probably buy another next year. Sweet shooting little pistol.

What's the build date on yours?

I was issued a P228 for a short time and personally owned and carried at P226 and P228. All West German and all 100% problem free. I picked up a USA made P229 and had problems. I eventually traded it for another firearm. (With full disclosure.) I told myself I was done with them. One day I was at Rainier Arms and one of the guys showed me a P320C. They were all carrying them and loved them. I eventually came back and bought one. It digested everything I fed it without complaint and was very accurate. When all the AD BS was happening I unloaded it and locked it away in the back of my safe. A few months later I contacted Sig and got a shipping label. They made the modifications and I had it back a few weeks later. I took it to the range and ran 300ish rounds through it and it ran fine. I have no plans to do anything with it at the moment. 

My experience with the P229 and P320C have me a bit spooked. 12+1 in a G43 sized package sounds great to me but I'm not going to be a beta tester again. From now on, I'm going to wait until all the bugs are fixed and reliability is proven. Like I said at TOS, I will probably pick one up to try out at some point. Until then, my Glock 43 or my Shield 2.0 will get to be my micro 9mm. 

Edited by MikeG36
  • Thanks 1

With about a thousand rounds fired the P365 is operating without issue. 28 March 2018 born date. The internet is a wonderful thing to get info, yet all to often problems are over sensationalize. Not to diminish those few with malfunctioning pistols, but I suspect there are a multitude of people completely satisfied with their gun. I know the dealers in my area can't keep them in stock.

40532988195_c4ac6050a5_b.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MikeG36 said:

I was issued a P228 for a short time and personally owned and carried at P226 and P228. All West German and all 100% problem free. I picked up a USA made P229 and had problems. I eventually traded it for another firearm. (With full disclosure.) I told myself I was done with them. One day I was at Rainier Arms and one of the guys showed me a P320C. They were all carrying them and loved them. I eventually came back and bought one. It digested everything I fed it without complaint and was very accurate. When all the AD BS was happening I unloaded it and locked it away in the back of my safe. A few months later I contacted Sig and got a shipping label. They made the modifications and I had it back a few weeks later. I took it to the range and ran 300ish rounds through it and it ran fine. I have no plans to do anything with it at the moment. 

My experience with the P229 and P320C have me a bit spooked. 12+1 in a G43 sized package sounds great to me but I'm not going to be a beta tester again. From now on, I'm going to wait until all the bugs are fixed and reliability is proven. Like I said at TOS, I will probably pick one up to try out at some point. Until then, my Glock 43 or my Shield 2.0 will get to be my micro 9mm. 

My US 229 ran like a champ.  But not being a 40 S&W fan I traded it to someone who is.  When last we spoke the officer is still carrying it.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 12:38 AM, crockett said:

At 13.31 he shows the old and new strikers.

The new on the bottom has a tip with a radius on the back that adds metal for strength and removes the sharp angle that weakens the tip. I think it will fix the problem.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

My US 229 ran like a champ.  But not being a 40 S&W fan I traded it to someone who is.  When last we spoke the officer is still carrying it.

Mine was a 40. Lots of FTF and a few FTEs. Could be I was just limp wristing though.  ;)  NOT!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, nraman said:

At 13.31 he shows the old and new strikers.

The new on the bottom has a tip with a radius on the back that adds metal for strength and removes the sharp angle that weakens the tip. I think it will fix the problem.

I saw that, made a screenshot and sent it to Sig. The rep totally ignored it. They know that they have an issue, was even confirmed on the NRA show (see thread on Sig forum). They know exactly that a recall of all affected P365 will cost them a bunch of money. Now you can call in and get it fixed AFTER it broke, but nothing else. With other words when this happens in a self defense situation, you are screwed. And for me this means that I won't carry this POS. At this point it is a paperweight / range gun.

Glad I still have my G42 and a small Kimber, as well as a P238.

I was warned about Sig's arrogant stance and declining product quality. I ignored it. Now I will make sure that I post my opinion about Sig on every damn firearm related forum. And I'm on a lot of them! I think I'll also write a letter to Sig in Germany. In German.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1