Is Glock talk down for anyone else?

Gun Shark

• Administrators

I just want y'all to know that I have nothing to do with that mess. It is damned frustrating to watch this sort of thing happen and be powerless to do anything about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Eric said:

I just want y'all to know that I have nothing to do with that mess. It is damned frustrating to watch this sort of thing happen and be powerless to do anything about it.

Why?  Did RussP ban you too?

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
Just now, Exit Plan said:

It may drive traffic over here though.

It probably will, but I've invested 20 years of my life in that place and I hate to see it so mishandled.

• Like 4

i just hope they get it fixed so the pricks wont jump over here  .  we are fine  we dont need  that crap  or this site will go to hell .  we need  a border wall  and and you have to be voted in  before hand   we are now at defcon 3 

• Like 1

ive looked into carbon media ans actually spoke to  some higher ups there , they are a trash  company that ruins  websites , they dont give a rats ass about members  and i was

actually told that , they are clcik bait    1,000 ad  crap ,  and im not the only one who knows it .  ive been privy to alot of people in different boards where they have  brought down a website to crap .  it is about click click click  .  they are the new freedom group   ,   which is really sad  

they got their mitts in a ton of outdoor websites  . i mean a ton  . i might get infracted but thats the truth 

Edited by ASH
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ASH said:

ive looked into carbon media ans actually spoke to  some higher ups there , they are a trash  company that ruins  websites , they dont give a rats ass about members  and i was

actually told that , they are clcik bait    1,000 ad  crap ,  and im not the only one who knows it .  ive been privy to alot of people in different boards where they have  brought down a website to crap .  it is about click click click  .  they are the new freedom group   ,   which is really sad  

they got their mitts in a ton of outdoor websites  . i mean a ton  . i might get infracted but thats the truth 

All that being said, it is the logical conclusion. Running a big board like GT for so many years was a life time project for Eric. At some point you have to make a living from that much effort and work, and advertisement is basically the only feasible form of profit for a forum. Sure, nobody likes ADs, but there are a couple options to avoid them, including paid membership.

Also, every major website is dealing with an array of external issues that can lead to down times. Keeping them short isn't that easy any more because these systems get larger and more complex all the time. Finding good programmer alone is a huge problem these days in the US, because so many companies outsourced to India and even Russia. And those folks have a totally different work mentality.

Personally, I like GT. Only beef I had was with the rules, and that's on me, because I always have issues playing by the book if the rules don't make sense to me.

• Like 1

Eric we have spoken before  and all the folks know the time and blood and guts  you put in that site , and might not believe it coming from me  for the work you do i and others truly appreciate  it , but  now the other site  has washed up , it happens   the site is broken at the top and trickles down  most being certain mods  and the favortism shown  is blatant ,  i  have worked hard as hell on my farm for over all my life from 8 years old til now  so i know  

the feeling of creating something  and how i would feel if  things went down hill, thru the years  in farming you are gonna have high bills and bad crops  and  almost lose what you had  so i know that gut wrench ,  but you have here now , any i/we  appreciate it 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2018 at 7:21 PM, ASH said:

How did you talk to all those people?  

Edited by Blackbeard

• Administrators

Anyone who is still logged in on GT, don't log out. I am currently locked out of the site on my laptop and on my iPad. I am only logged in with my iPhone, at this point.

The login system is not functioning. You can't log in if you log out. If you are logged in, you can't use any feature on the site that requires password authentication, like some of the options in your user account settings. If you have Two-Step Verification turned on and it triggers, you will get a white screen with a redirect error. That's broken too. This has been going on for three days now.

• Thanks 1