What's your favorite .22LR handgun?

fortyofforty

Hard to decide really. My first .22 was given to me by my grandfather around 1953 or '54 - a 6" barrel H&R Sportsman. Lost count of how many rabbits and squirrels ended up on the dinner table because of that handgun. It was stolen when I was in high school along with other firearms but I eventually found a near duplicate  4 years ago. The H&R Sportsman were not expensive compared to a lot of .22 revolvers but I loved that gun and still do. Number 2 on my list is of course the Ruger Single Six Convertible .22/.22 mag. I picked up a used one years ago in SS and it has been a great shooter and seems to satisfy my occasional desire to carry a single action.  Number 3: An early Charter Arms 3" barrel .22 Pathfinder with adjustable sights. This has been an extremely accurate .22 that I still carry often on my farm. I have owned many other .22's but these have been my favorites.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2018 at 6:41 AM, Appalachained said:

This old thing is fun to shoot.

4938BE5B-4503-46B5-B4B4-01EF39BAB963.jpeg

Mine looks exactly like that and with Pachmayr grips, only mine looks like it's been swimming in cold water. That thing looks like a walking cane for a midget.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2018 at 4:11 PM, ede said:

S&W 617 with irons. I've won every state match and two World Shoots in Alabama never been beat. Had it longer than anything else and has more rounds fired than anything else.

IMG_20171016_164331.jpg

What year is that 617?  I've never seen a cylinder like that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is the only .22 handgun I have on its own and I like it pretty well. It used to have a longer barrel which I thought would be more accurate. It wasn't, so I had it cut to the shorter length and it shoots pretty well. I keep it in my fishing bag.

Beretta97.JPG.4bd1568cc19f8e54e2ad750f6730c562.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sharp Stick said:

This is the only .22 handgun I have on its own and I like it pretty well. It used to have a longer barrel which I thought would be more accurate. It wasn't, so I had it cut to the shorter length and it shoots pretty well. I keep it in my fishing bag.

Beretta97.JPG.4bd1568cc19f8e54e2ad750f6730c562.JPG

In case of grizzlies?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...