Gun shows are a changing

XSIV4S

We were just at the Mesquite Texas gun show and we counted nine colors of hair (besides the usual blends). Inside it was half gun show and half swap meet, I went looking for a 22 that would fit in my pocket but I would have had a lot better luck if I had been looking for coins, fidget spinners or new linens.

I really don't bother any more. The best dealer in NC is a 2 hour drive for me, I just save up and buy a few things at once. There is a local dealer that will be within $10-$20 of Ed's if I get itchy. The only thing I miss is the assortment of used options. But the bigger dealers keep their used inventory on line or have a forum, so I have to do some work but can track down a used gun.

When Hara Arena in Dayton closed the moved the gun show to the fairgrounds which is deep downtown. The best hospital in Dayton is right next door. I'll go there if I need to, but no way in hell I'm going to a gun show in that neighborhood.

I used to go for bullets and brass. ET Brass goes to the Dayton show and they held the line of prices throughout the Obama years, I give them my business when I can.

With luck they will move the fairgrounds out of downtown soon.

I go for the beef jerky and belts...I haven't bought a gun or seriously looked at one at a gun show around here in a while. The Mesquite gun show and the Ft Worth one at the Will Rogers Convention Center used to be good...used to be.

Better bet is the boat show...cheap beer and you can relax on the deck of a boat you can't afford for free!

• Like 2

Used to go to Monroe and Puyallup gun shows maybe 10+ yrs ago, not worth it due to prices and I 594 which requires background checks. Unnecessary at WAC shows and especially between permit holders.