The 80's Thread

Pepiot

I think just the opposite. All of the best music was made between 1975 and 1985, mostly in the early 80's. ABC to ZZ Top and in the middle you have everything from Blondie and the Talking Heads, to the Ramones and Sex Pistols, to Bauhaus and Sisters of Mercy, to Quiet Riot, Judas Priest and Ozzy.

Greatest time for music since the late 60's.

I guess we all just have tastes for the music of different eras.

There definitely was some good music from the 80s, but most of it did little for me.

I do have to mention that I get some grief from others about ZZ Top, since I really do not care for them while living just a few miles away from LaGrange Texas.

My wifes champion show horse even belonged to Franks wife.

Oh well. My opinion of them isn't going to have an effect on their success one way or the other.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"tomselleckwatercompany2015-500x617.jpg","data-attachmentid":5394}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":5569}[/ATTACH]

IMG_1339.GIF.4f0f3cac7eaa9fbf4d5ab86c014d2e84.GIF

• Like 1

I have no idea who most of those wimmins are or why they seem to be famous. :sigh:

I would, however, instantly recognize a picture of Honey West and Emma Peel.

And Howdy Doody.

Bunny Rabbit.

Spin and Marty.

:fred:

• Like 2

I have no idea who most of those wimmins are or why they seem to be famous. :sigh:

And Howdy Doody.

Bunny Rabbit.

Spin and Marty.

The women posted were famous hotties in the 80's.

Otherwise I'd have posted Ann Margaret, Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch.

And Howdy Doody.

Bunny Rabbit.

Spin and Marty.

I didn't watch much TV or go to movies during the 1980s.

Did I miss anything good?

:supergrin:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"LyndaCarterWWCape.jpg","data-attachmentid":5616}[/ATTACH]only a couple of things

Hard to miss those.

Er, that.

She does, however, look like she needs a sammich.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"LyndaCarterWWCape.jpg","data-attachmentid":5616}[/ATTACH]only a couple of things

She was hot in the 80s and she's holding up awfully well for 66.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":5624}[/ATTACH]

Lynda-Carter-brown-hair-color-2017.jpg.7ef2f808e4574627f21f1fc8c1b5de42.jpg

• Like 5

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tthe-cars-in-1978-corbis-460-85.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t29.1 KB ID:\t5736","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5736","data-size":"full","title":"the-cars-in-1978-corbis-460-85.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t600full-genesis.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t54.1 KB ID:\t5738","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5738","data-size":"full","title":"600full-genesis.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tarticle-1248394-0826467A000005DC-138_468x316.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t46.8 KB ID:\t5739","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5739","data-size":"full","title":"article-1248394-0826467A000005DC-138_468x316.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

the-cars-in-1978-corbis-460-85.jpg.ced4124ea26bf40ff44e6e15492a1d76.jpg

600full-genesis.jpg.1d8d46ebac0472117d703a8fc29455f8.jpg

article-1248394-0826467A000005DC-138_468x316.jpg.6646cc1076883278e74161fd84bb674e.jpg

• Like 2

Based on this thread and the responses so far, it appears that you young'uns were easily amused.

And easily drawn in to mediocre programming by semi-nekkid wimmins.

Can you think of a better reason to watch mediocre programming than semi-nekkid wimmins?

• Like 4

Based on this thread and the responses so far, it appears that you young'uns were easily amused.

Can you think of a better reason to watch mediocre programming than semi-nekkid wimmins?

Fully-nekkid wimmins

And how is that all that different from today?

• Like 1

You have stated the essence of life, my friend.

Brilliant!

This is interesting.

How much does popular culture during our formative years, say around twelve years old through high school, influence our adult years?

I can easily recall themes from TV shows of the 1950s and 1960s, yet I find it hard to place many of the TV shows noted in this thread in a timeline.

Note that in my era, Barbara Eden was forbidden to show her navel and Rob and Laura Petrie had separate beds, attitudes that seemed absurd just ten years later.

Do you still subscribe to attitudes and popular cliches and phrases from your youth, even 30-40 years later?

I often wonder how my parents saw the rise in popularity of television when their entertainment experiences were through radio programs.

Okay.

Done thinking.

Time for a Geritol milkshake and a nap.

• Like 3