AR Pic Thread

MO Fugga

• Administrators
On 7/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, G21H30 said:

While not an AR, SCAR 17s SBR system 13", 16", 20" .308 barrel asembly including 20" 6.5 CM barrel installed on rifle.  

SCAR_17s_Complete_System_(2).jpg

How long does it take to change barrels and does it affect your zero? I had a Scar Heavy for a while, but I sold it and bought an AR-10. The FN was a superbly designed and built weapon though. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2018 at 8:09 PM, Eric said:

How long does it take to change barrels and does it affect your zero? I had a Scar Heavy for a while, but I sold it and bought an AR-10. The FN was a superbly designed and built weapon though. 

It takes about 5 minutes for a barrel change. Since I have the Nightforce dedicated to the 13" and 16" .308 barrels I haven't experienced any noticeable change in zero when using the same ammo. There is a slight change in zero with the Vortex and the 20" barrels, but that is due more to the caliber change from 6.5 CM to .308. I may be lucky,but I have only experienced about 1/2" POI shift with my Surefire suppressor.

• Like 2

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, G21H30 said:

It takes about 5 minutes for a barrel change. Since I have the Nightforce dedicated to the 13" and 16" .308 barrels I haven't experienced any noticeable change in zero when using the same ammo. There is a slight change in zero with the Vortex and the 20" barrels, but that is due more to the caliber change from 6.5 CM to .308. I may be lucky,but I have only experienced about 1/2" POI shift with my Surefire suppressor.

Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 7:29 PM, Rev. said:

Due to the fact that it's a pistol. It would be too close to your eye if it were mounted like a carbine. 

Uh no.

The entire military is taught nose to charging handle.  Optics can change the cheek weld, but in no way is this a normal thing for any AR.

All this does is reduce the length of sight plane making it harder to shoot accurately.

Edited by syntaxerrorsix

• 1 month later...

This is what I have so far. Left to right S&W M&P 15 in .556, Active Combat AC15 in .223 Wylde, Dimondback DB15 in .300 BLK Tatical Grey. I may add an S&W M&P 1522. I think a .22LR would be cool. I would like to hear from some owners who have them. I wonder how well they work. bb5fec9b4952145dba447c036c9d322e.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I have come to prefer shorter barrels on my AR pattern guns, so here are some of mine, some on "pistol" lowers, others on SBR lowers.

.22LR - 7.5”

nAom7dP.jpg

.22LR - 9”

tJDzJ0I.jpg

9mm – 8”

44OMcyD.jpg

9mm – 10.5” (SBR)

HC22i0b.jpg

5.56 – 10.5” (SBR)

KvzFSZL.jpg

6.5 G – 12”

6SE9L2y.jpg

.300 AAC – 10.5” (SBR)

B0h57g2.jpg

.450 BM – 12”

XUd7M77.jpg

• Like 1

So here is what mine from my thread a couple weeks ago looks like with everything finally all working, and a Sig Romeo6T red dot sitting on top.  I bought the Bravo3 prism optic first, but it's a little bulkier and heavier than I liked, plus such a short eye relief on something that's supposed to be a pistol didn't really work out very well.

20181010_160302.thumb.jpg.42d1813e5a791c3422c0a3425c6a41e1.jpg

Edited by Cougar_ml