If they ban...

If certain politicians are successful in banning ammunition, for how long would you be able to keep reloading and shooting?  Would you stop shooting and wait it out?  Would you stockpile while supplies of primers and powder lasted?  Brass can last, but powder makes it louder (and is gone, literally, in a puff of smoke).

• 2 months later...

I've probably got enough to keep me shooting a couple years... but if it really came to banning ammunition... I wouldn't be loading up paper and tin can plinkers... I'd be loading up people stoppers cuz we're on a VERY slippery slope at that point.

• Like 3

I could keep my blackpowder guns going a lot longer than I could reload.  I have a pretty good stash of Pyrodex P and 777, projectiles, and caps on hand  

I dont keep a lot of smokeless powder and projectiles on hand. The only thing I’m loading lately is .38spl wadcutters. 

If anything is done to restrict ammo or reloading component supplies my speculation is it will ignite a hoarding spree that will make 2008 look a time of plenty. Then it was just fear of potential legislation and look what it did to the availability of something as simple as .22lr. 

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.