How long since you last bought a gun?

Kevin

I just ordered a new gun online and it occurred to me that I have not bought a gun since 2010 or so that I can recall. I have sold a few since then but held onto a few rifles, a shotgun and a few handguns.

So I've gone roughly 7 years without buying a new gun.

Before that, I was buying/trading a few guns a year. I got away from collecting guns just for the sake of having many to maintaining a quality few that I actually use or carry.

My old, grey-haired Daddy (86 years old) Korean War Vet is about to send me a CZ-75.

ðŸ‘😫â¤ï¸ðŸ˜

I always did love the "Old Man"

â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸

More than anyone could ever know.

I Truly Do Love You So Much, Dad.

Your 60-year old son, David.

Dad always did stuff like that, completely out of the blue, even when I was a kid growing up in Detroit.

Edited by OV1kenobi
  • Like 3

I had a long drought to be honest. It has been 5 years ago until the last 2 months. I bought a bolt 308 Howa 2 weeks ago.

When I get back From Alaska, my stupid California 10 day waiting period will be over. I am picking up a 308 POF AR10 and a Smith and Wesson shield 9mm.

• Like 2

The last gun I bought was a 12ga coach gun that was used, around 3 months ago. And a month before that me and a buddy bought two Seecamps from a guy on armslist.

I have sent a message to another armslist seller yesterday about buying a colt king cobra, if he calls tomorrow It will be mine , already got the money in my wallet..

I buy when I see something I want , which isn't as much anymore, could be a year or a week , just when they happen to call my name.

I bought a nice Winchester 9422 (1981 production) for the Wife last weekend. We realized the she didn't have a .22lr rifle nor did we have a lever action in the house, so when I spotted it in the rack at the local store, I had her check it out. She threw it up to her shoulder, worked the lever a couple of times, turned to me, smiled and said "I want it."

Although IDGAF, I got the Spartan. There's a lot of accessories out there in burnt bronze, and I'm gonna color in the Spartan helmet as well. Got the minimalist stock, and I plan on a 16" upper, plain jane handguard, and flat top with red dot.

The next one is gonna be a billet lower, long stainless barrel, groundhog gun. It's nice being right down the road from Spike's store. Unless you're my wallet...

• Like 1

I picked up a Stainless Springfield Armory 1911 Range Officer last week.

Now I'm gearing up to get reloading started for the darned thing. I can afford a box or two now and then, but I have a range out behind the house, and I eat a lot of ammo.

So far, so good for my first 1911. I think I'm going to like this thing.