Gen 5

Bruce

I see there is already a person out there that posted a video of him shoving dirt, sand and mud into a Gen 5 **with no magazine in the magwell** and then showing it fail, and based on this idiocy there are even more idiots declaring the Gen 5 to be a horrible, no good Glock. Of course the highest level of silly is showing up over on GlockTalk.

Good grief, what is wrong with people?

I guarantee that if you shove dirt, sand and mud. into ANY handgun that has no magazine in the magwell it is going to fail and fail hard.

Edited by JJHNSN
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JJHNSN said:

Yes, it is perhaps just about the worst thing to have happened to humanity in my lifetime.

From reading your posts around here, I expected a reply like that. Not to mention the same reply to others on another Glock forum.

Are you from Canada or Tennessee? I can't figure out if you're James Yeager or Scott the dick. I bet you talk with a lisp.

Edited by KFC

I just heard back from Tony at GT Distributors. They are taking backorders for Gen 5 Glocks. I asked him what the prices were for the 17 with and without Ameriglo sights. Seems fair and reasonable. Given that the Amerigo sights if you buy them yourself are $95, and you have to install them yourself or have somebody else install them, makes sense to me to spend the extra $95 and get them right away, again, assuming you want Ameriglo sights.

Hello,

The Models with the Ameriglo bold sights are $654 and the standard Glock site model is $559. Thanks.

Thank you,
Tony Sanchez
Customer Service Representative
G T Distributors, Inc.
PO BOX 16080
Austin, TX 78761
Phone: 512-451-8298
Fax: 512-453-6149

• 2 weeks later...

I handled one a few weeks ago, and kept telling myself "I don't like them sell enough to trade off my Gen 4."  I just keep thinking about them, though.  Maybe I need to get back out there and fondle handle one again.  Then again, if I really like how the Gen 5 feels, maybe I should just look into having the finger grooves removed from my Gen 4 . . . .

I actually did sell a Gen 4 17 to fund the Gen 5 for the simple reason that I absolutely hate the finger grooves and humps and can't mod the frame on my own well enough, and then would have to send it off and pay somebody else to do it and by the time I did the math on that...it was a no brainer. The other changes also appealed to me, and I got mine with the sight upgrade which was basically what I would have to pay for it myself, etc. So, in my case, the Gen 5 was worth selling my Gen 4 Glock 17.

I would see no reason at all to sell it if I liked the finger grooves, etc. That would make no sense.

In fact, my Glock 41 MOS is getting custom work done and one of the main things happening to it is: yup, finger grooves removal and a double undercut on the trigger guard.

• 11 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, JJHNSN said:

I actually did sell a Gen 4 17 to fund the Gen 5 for the simple reason that I absolutely hate the finger grooves and humps and can't mod the frame on my own well enough, and then would have to send it off and pay somebody else to do it and by the time I did the math on that...it was a no brainer. The other changes also appealed to me, and I got mine with the sight upgrade which was basically what I would have to pay for it myself, etc. So, in my case, the Gen 5 was worth selling my Gen 4 Glock 17.

I would see no reason at all to sell it if I liked the finger grooves, etc. That would make no sense.

In fact, my Glock 41 MOS is getting custom work done and one of the main things happening to it is: yup, finger grooves removal and a double undercut on the trigger guard.

I like my Glocks like I l do my women - Natural skin with no tattoos or piercings :sunglasses:

Edited by Glocks4Freedom

The only Gen 5 I like is the G26 and the G19x becase they have no finger grooves and no dumbass mag cut-out either. But then I hate the color of the G19x. Glocks are meant to be black.

There needs to be a Gen 6. The Gen 6 would have a different way of reinforcing  the locking block after having removed the 3rd pin to allow for an ambi slide release. And the slide release would be made available as left only, right only, or ambi, Also the Gen 6 would be offered in all other calibers in addition to the 9mm and a 40 caliber version of the G19x would be made available and all 40 caliber Glocks would be offered with optional factory 357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrels.

Additionally with the Gen 6 Glock should eliminate the "Hump" at the rear of the grip but with the interchangeable backstraps the hump could be made optional for those who actually like it.