Civil Unrest Charlottesville Virginia

Bruce

I would rather get little press coverage than pres coverage that includes people engaged in violence and a death because I would be afraid that I might be grouped into a group

consisting of thugs, felons, and rioters because regardless of their cause they are regularly all grouped together.

I don't think you're getting my point. I know you're not a white supremacist and I'm not either. I've been in spitting distance of the Klan all my life and I find them to be a mix of mostly dumbass hicks and a few sociopaths. Your desire to not be associated with them is commendable.

My point is that even if there are people who went to this protest with good motives (2A support, etc.) we won't know it because the media will tar everyone there as either "white supremacists" or counter-protesters fighting for truth, justice, and the American way.

I don't think you're getting my point. I know you're not a white supremacist and I'm not either. I've been in spitting distance of the Klan all my life and I find them to be a mix of mostly dumbass hicks and a few sociopaths. Your desire to not be associated with them is commendable.

My point is that even if there are people who went to this protest with good motives (2A support, etc.) we won't know it because the media will tar everyone there as either "white supremacists" or counter-protesters fighting for truth, justice, and the American way.

Considering the event started last night with people carrying torches, that there was violence during the protest the previous night, that the event was organized by Jason Kessler, currently known as a white supremacist and has among other things a past for shoplifting, that the city went to court try to keep the event in a different park because they feared violence and wanted it in a less congested area, coupled with the presence of Nazi flags, anyone who elected to attend the protest with some good motive made an incredibly poor decision to attend or to stay after they got there. That there was violence there was quite easily predicted in advance.

That said I am not denying that the media may well spin this event into the fault of only the white supremacists. My guess is that the people who were working there to try to prevent violence grouped all of them into the same general group of idiot criminals.

The "militia" appears to be well equipped.

They better be...Only "black lives matter" (fry cops like bacon) ....black panthers (black power) and the crazy soros funded violent leftist are a force to be reckoned with ...(amazing...people fighting these people > fighting back WOW!).....but you wont hear the media talking about that today........"Americans" know the media well.....Would there have been any news if the people that had the legal protest were Not attacked?.....