Civil Unrest Charlottesville Virginia

Bruce

Police have broken up protests between white nationals and counter protesters today. Apparently it started last night with guys carrying torches. Talk about keeping up a stereotype.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tensions-as-white-nationalists-gather-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/895a15e6-7f53-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_gallery.html?utm_term=.6ab8da7dca94

holyjohnson is right ... scoop up both sides and make some Soylent Green. But it is worth noticing how the media covers this ... when it's BLM it's a meeting, a march, or a at most a protest. If riots begin, BLM is immediately distanced from the rioting in the narrative. When white nationalists meet in Virginia, it's a 'rally' (like Nazis, get it) before it even begins. And the LEO's on scene are "riot police" from the start of the event.

• Like 1

We should be aware that the way these "white supremacists" are being presented by the media is exactly how BoreSiters (BSers?) would be presented by the media if we were to engage in a peaceful protest.

Well I don't parade around with Nazi flags whilst screaming about people who don't look like me, so I should be pretty safe.

Plus I have a job, family, and hobbies that reduce my time for stupid **** like that to about zero.

• Like 4

Police and media both report being asked for directions to the park by protestors, indicating they were bussed in from DC or elsewhere to stage an event.

Holding the event in a major college town in early August is silly, but at least no classes at UVA were disrupted and no students were involved.

The Democratic National establishment staged it all. Gov. McAwful must be seeking higher office.

Edited by ChuteTheMall
  • Like 4

Police and media both report being asked for directions to the park by protestors, indicating they were bussed in from DC or elsewhere to stage an event.

Holding the event in a major college town in early August is silly, but at least no classes at UVA were disrupted and no students were involved.

The Democratic National establishment staged it all. Gov. McAwful must be seeking higher office.

I wonder if it was the Anti-fuh dummies. tom.

Edited by deputy tom

We should be aware that the way these "white supremacists" are being presented by the media is exactly how BoreSiters (BSers?) would be presented by the media if we were to engage in a peaceful protest.

I think these "white supremacists" are being called "white supremacists" in the media because some of the groups in the protest have sad they are white supremacists. I might wave a flag at a nonviolent protest but it would not be a Nazi flag. If people on my side of the protests started waving Nazi flags I would leave the group immediately.and when the first items were thrown I would get out of there because at that point it is no longer a nonviolent protest.

• Like 1

Well I don't parade around with Nazi flags whilst screaming about people who don't look like me, so I should be pretty safe.

Plus I have a job, family, and hobbies that reduce my time for stupid **** like that to about zero.

Do you think that the majority of the people in Charlottesville were parading around with Nazi flags? Who took the pics that you've seen?

• Like 2

I think these "white supremacists" are being called "white supremacists" in the media because some of the groups in the protest have sad they are white supremacists. I might wave a flag at a nonviolent protest but it would not be a Nazi flag. If people on my side of the protests started waving Nazi flags I would leave the group immediately.and when the first items were thrown I would get out of there because at that point it is no longer a nonviolent protest.

And how much press do you think your actions and views would get?

AT least one of the protesters on the side of the white supremacists was wearing a black shirt that suggested he was from a Florida a group. While I have no doubt there were counter protesters from out of state brought there to protest. But I have to guess a fair number of the protesters there were also not local and not withstandiing whoever orchestrated the stuff on the left the original protest was the product of a white nationalist

And how much press do you think your actions and views would get?

I would rather get little press coverage than pres coverage that includes people engaged in violence and a death because I would be afraid that I might be grouped into a group

consisting of thugs, felons, and rioters because regardless of their cause they are regularly all grouped together.