GLOCK Stock or Decked Out?

fortyofforty

I went with "slightly modded".  I didn't want a full-on race gun, but something simple that could be carried and have options that an old man could actually use.  Did a "complete" fire control system replacement, then had to put the OEM striker assembly back in due to light primer strikes on CCI primed reloads.  I have a couple of barrels so I can shoot lead reloads, and one is threaded for the suppressor(s).  That was all well and good for awhile, but decided I wanted to try an RDS on a pistol.  The Gen-4 G21 seemed to be the perfect candidate.  I sent the slide to JagerWerks.  They milled the slide for a Leupold DeltaPoint PRO and cerakoted it in Sniper Gray.  While waiting for the slide to return, I sent the frame to my friend Peter Roos at BattleCock Tactical.  He worked his stippling magic on the frame and cerakoted it in Sniper Gray as well.  I'm pleased with the outcome.  I wanted simplistic artistry and that (IMHO) is what I achieved; nothing fancy, just a working pistol with options for me.

41386934114_344932dcf3_b.jpgIMG_3405 Upgraded Gen-4 G21 by Jerry R, on Flickr

• Like 3

Being a custom glock builder I would have to say that i modify every single glock I touch. it may just be changing sights and a trigger shoe to a full on custom build with frame modifications, parts changeout and slide milling. You can always improve on a very good product.

I typically leave them stock as much possible.

This way, if God forbid you have to use it for self defense, you aren't out a lot of money when the police take it, and you never see it again any time soon, if ever.

Many police departments, like in Indianapolis where I am, will NOT readily return your gun to you when you've been cleared and the courts have no need for it as evidence anymore.

They'll "slow walk" the process and do everything short of breaking the law to  prevent you from getting it back.

It's not uncommon that a gun owner will have to sue to get it back.

I have numerous Glocks and Sorta Glocks (Poly 80's, etc). Some are pure stock... others aren't even close. I also shoot them enough to thoroughly vet any mod I make. If a gun with a mod I make isn't reliable or doesn't function well it won't be used for EDC. About the only thing I haven't done to any of my guns is stippling. I can troubleshoot and figure out how to get things to work, but an artist I am not!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Glocks are for me the only handguns that I own for a real purpose (self and home defense), which is why they all get proper Truglo Tritium night sights and either MagGuts springs or mag extensions, as well as a polishing job of some internals.

All of my Glocks; $0.25 trigger job, Talon Grips

34 + Dawson FO front sight and Black rear sight, extended magazine release

42, 43 + TruGlo TFO Tritium/FO sights, Glock "-" connector 

19 + FO front sight and Black rear sight, 6# trigger spring, 5 lb striker spring

I like mine largely stock. I do put 3.5-lb Ghost connectors in mine and slap night sights on them and the occasional Hogue grip sleeve or Talon tape. Some may call that heavily modified, but I’ve never cared for the slide cuts, stippling, etc. YMMV. 

My 17 and 19 are stock except for polished internals.  When I got my G43 I decided to add some things to it.  I added HYVE +2 mag extensions, extended magazine release, and slide plate.  In my humble opinion, the magazine extensions made the G43 very close to the size of my G19.  Of course, the G19 is thicker but also holds a lot more rounds.  I ended up taking the HYVE stuff off the G43 and have it for sale here on this forum.

The magazine release is awesome.  It doesn't stick out too far but it works much easier that the original.  I would have left it on but it would be the only red piece on it.

Anything I carry gets a sight replacement. In most cases that means Ameriglo Pro i-Dots for me, although my 43 is wearing a set of XS sights.

I prefer the smooth trigger face, but haven't bothered doing that with my 32 (yet).

Otherwise I have left them stock, although I have a 19G4 that might wind up getting an RMR as a range toy.

For the 26, 33 and 19, I swapped out sights and installed OEM smooth triggers.  Other than that, they are stock. For the G43, I swapped out sights and added Talon grips.  Other than that, they are stock.  For range guns, I'll also install an OEM (-) connector.  I used to polish up the internals but never really found any noticeable difference. I shoot a lot, so they get smoothed out that way.

I don't modify much.  My CCW G19 has Thirteen night sights, skimmer trigger, apex extractor, Lonewolf recoil assembly.  Thats as far as I'll ever go on a CCW.  

My range piece has the Lonewolf minus connector,  Glock steel sights and guide rod/spring from Wolfe.

Edited by Glock19c

I install night sights and sometimes have the grips contoured and textured. Otherwise, everything else is stock. In the past I have gone a bit crazy with mods but in the end it isn't worth it, unless you plan on keeping them. I learned the hard way years ago - put $1500.00 into a $500.00 polymer-frame pistol and you're very lucky if you can get $1000.00 out of it.

Edited by StratCatGotGat