GLOCK Stock or Decked Out?

fortyofforty

I only own 1 Glock, but I think my answer would depend on what I used it for.  For a SD pistol, make mine stock or close to it.  My G19 is a carry pistol, so I got factory night sights and have made no other hardware changes.  If I were building a gun for competition, I'd trick it out.

• 1 month later...

I generally have kept my Glocks stock except for a recontoured FPS, but my Gen2 G19 doesn't even have that.

The Glock Gen4 MOS on my hip right now has the aftermarket FPS and a Glock OEM "-" connector, but I just ordered a smooth G17 Gen4 trigger, a 7lb striker spring, and maritime spring cups for it.  Don't ask me why...I couldn't tell you.o.O

Regards,

Happyguy :)

Edited by Happyguy

I leave carry guns stock.  Several of my Glocks have a Glock (-) connector.

The only other modifications I've ever done to a Glock are to put a Glock adjustable rear sight on my Glock 20 and Glock 29, and when the trigger on my Glock 26 wore out, I replaced it with a flat trigger.

I think once you get used to the Glock trigger, there is little need to modify it.  That said, my gunsmith is one of the most competent shooters I know and he has aftermarket trigger parts in his carry gun (a Glock 21 with a holographic sight).

KKM barrels, i shoot lots of lead, and carry what i am used to.

front night sights from Glock.

just installed over sized slide locks on my G19, G29 and G20.

got tired of the struggle with OEM and arthritic hands.

huge improvement!

Edited by refugeepj
changed one more thing!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Heinie Straight 8 night sights and a 25 cent trigger job.  If it came with a serrated trigger I swap it out for a smooth factory unit.  That's it.

Interesting, I prefer not to change the serrated trigger, and to do the 5000 round trigger job though it costs a little more than a quarter, but I like your choice of sights.

Edited by Old Buzzard

All my Glocks get the following:

- Lone Wolf barrel. They reduce the so called Glock bulge in the brass which is important for reloading, much better accuracy and often a 50 FPS velocity advantage.

- Truglo night sights. Very bright and they last at least 10 years. Those cheap Glock OEM plastic sights are a no go for me.

- MagGuts springs. They add a round without extending the magazine in length.

- A polish job an several parts to smooth out feeding as well as trigger pull.

Edited by crockett

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

How long have you used the MagGuts springs and on which models?

That was a little inconsequently written. MagGuts on my G42 only, been using it without issues for some 2 years now. I use Kriss extensions on my G40 and Pearce on my G29.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...