Favorite Course of Fire for GSSF indoor?

PNWguy

Just started shooting in GSSF indoor matches in June.  I've been to six of them and have completed two match series.  I won the Class C division starting out and finished 2nd overall in the latest series. 

We started shooting Course of Fire option "A" and I enjoyed it although the 25yd 10-shots in 15 seconds target cost me a perfect 500 every time...  The latest match series was Option "C", which featured two 25yd stages, and my scores went down a little.  But I did manage a 492 with the G29.

It was hinted at the last match that next month will be a new course of fire.  Looking forward to it! 

What's your favorite course of fire? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting. I've never looked into GSSF, but do people find that course of fire challenging? It looks like something pretty much anyone could clean up on. Do you run around or shoot behind barricades or something?

I'm used to bullseye rules at 25 and 50. 

18 hours ago, Jason D said:

Interesting. I've never looked into GSSF, but do people find that course of fire challenging? It looks like something pretty much anyone could clean up on. Do you run around or shoot behind barricades or something?

I'm used to bullseye rules at 25 and 50

The Glock matches and leagues are kind of like timed bulls eye matches with a little extra.

Most of the members of my indoor range that showed up for the first Glock Indoor League were bulls eye shooters from way back. They looked at the courses of fire and felt very much like you do. When the targets turned and 15 shooters let go, most of them never even got 10 rounds off. That is not to disparage them, but the type of shooting was outside their comfort zone. 

The outdoor matches are very different than the indoor leagues, offering different challenges. You should look and see if any are in your area.

http://gssfonline.com/match-info.cfm

Dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave.1 said:

The Glock matches and leagues are kind of like timed bulls eye matches with a little extra.

Most of the members of my indoor range that showed up for the first Glock Indoor League were bulls eye shooters from way back. They looked at the courses of fire and felt very much like you do. When the targets turned and 15 shooters let go, most of them never even got 10 rounds off. That is not to disparage them, but the type of shooting was outside their comfort zone. 

The outdoor matches are very different than the indoor leagues, offering different challenges. You should look and see if any are in your area.

http://gssfonline.com/match-info.cfm

Dave

It does sound like fun.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, ede said:

Last time I did it there were no options.

I don't know if it's true or not, but the way it was explained to me a long time ago was that some of the original options were done to allow for some indoor range limitations, like depth of the actual range. I don't know where the strong/support hand option came from.

Dave

We played, what I referred to as "Reindeer Games."  Steel was set up on a head to head who could shoot the most accurate and the fastest.  They were mandated to have an eight hour training day on qualification days four times a year.  With a 9mm you had to hit them just right, as they were weighted for the issue .40.  You could hear it ting, but you had to hit that sweet spot to knock them down.

We had an uptight range guy, who eventually quit the service and did whatever it is he did.  They wanted to try to prove the rule that most people couldn't hit a target coming at you full speed.  So, they had a partial mannequin on a rail coming at you.  The goal was to shoot it center mass as many times as you could, before it reached you.  The little guy was hopping mad at me, because I put about three in the head before it reached me.  "Why did you shoot it in the head!  I said not to shoot it in the head?"

"I was bored."

• Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.