you ever see something under your house and are like wtf????

ASH

ok today  under the house  checking insulation  to make sure thing were kosher  then i saw door slide back about 2 feet .  then i said i gotta close that well  i crawled closer and saw some eyes and thought ok  its a cat keep warm in here .  but nope  lol it was a momma gray fox  and her kits  and i froze  . she did not move and me neither  then she just laid her head down  so i slowly unrolled some insulation and kinda make half moon fence area to keep from rest of house and left.  it was a very cool moment . anyway i just thought id share.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

its pretty big under there  and they got a view out of sidevent   looking out   , i closed all the other ones all around the house but left it open . plus  i made the wall so when babies grow a bit and get frisky they wont tear the insulation from the whole house lol    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy969 said:

Fox stole and mittens for the wife?

no just some furr neighbors  we got 100 deep wooded acres for them grow up  , they might get killed by some means   , im just flattered they picked us .  

When I was in San Diego, there were many steep canyons rimmed by residential neighborhoods.  So, it was kind of a big deal to have a house with a canyon view.  The upshot of this is that critters would come in from a relatively wild chaparral environment into a residential neighborhood.  My landlord put in a new bathroom, and he left a big access hole in the wall in case the plumbing leaked.  After a few months, a family of skunks moved into the crawlspace under the house.   The landlords cats used to go under the house and play with them.  But, one day, things got feral and we woke up to a big cat fight occurring under our flooring.   Then, the skunks went off.  Every time I had smelled a skunk prior to that, I think it was just residual skunk stink, because this was orders of magnitude worse than any skunk stink I had smelled up to that point.

My landlord decided to evict the skunk family and he went and stuck a can of rose scented deodorizing bomb into the hole by the  crawl space.  He watched as one by one, the skunk mama and then babies hopped out of the hole to avoid the horrible smell.  Then, he boarded up the hole to keep them from getting back in.

• Like 1