what are hopes for 2018 ? or goals ?

ASH

since im retiring at end of year   from farming   and working with NC STATE pro bono  on some new farming ideas  im looking forward to that

im looking forward spending more time with family and grand baby  and my youngest are gonna try this year to start a family so im waiting on that

hopefully health goes better 

and  not lose so many pets and  family   and friends .been to more funerals this year then ever before ,

prosper and health for all my family 

and more guns  since i will have alot more time to shoot  

• Like 2

At this point I am hoping to just end the year standing up. Pray my son doesn't get one of his girlfriends pregnant. I hope my SSI/disability gets ok'd. I hope my one stepdaughter doesn't relapse into drug and alcohol addition.

It seems I am more concerned about bad things not happening rather then good things happening. I would imagine a therapist would have a lot of fun with me right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope I can get to a week a month out of bed. I hope to drop my pain level 1 point on the pain scale. I hope to be able to walk to my mailbox and back without breaking down in pain. I hope to not have to have surgery on the 3 new bad discs they found in my back. That's enough for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clancy said:

At this point I am hoping to just end the year standing up. Pray my son doesn't get one of his girlfriends pregnant. I hope my SSI/disability gets ok'd. I hope my one stepdaughter doesn't relapse into drug and alcohol addition.

It seems I am more concerned about bad things not happening rather then good things happening. I would imagine a therapist would have a lot of fun with me right now.

Yeah, I have to say that my 2018 goals mostly deal with avoiding terrible things happening. I guess that goes with some seasons of life. :(

• Like 1

i hope the economy keeps booming along,its better for Business.

hope my better half finds Her happy Niche in her work.

hope my little Buddy`s Meniscus surgery is easy and fixes his leg.

hope Minnesota gets better politically so we don`t have to move.

hope i don`t have to do too much more work on this house.

mostly i hope my wife and i have a kid,its been a difficulty for us and as i get older it gets less likely to happen.

i do hope everyone has a great New Year and Everyone`s Health holds up,and that the cost to keep you`r Heath care goes down there`s too much stress involved in it and Health Care should be doing the Opposite of that.

• Administrators

I don't really have any new goals.  More of some unfinished business that I need to pick a "someday" for. 

I just hope for continued health and stability in the parts of the world I stir around in.  As long as I have my health and so do the ones in my life, and there is stability around me, what does or does not happen in my life, in terms of motion, is up to me. Good or bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i hope the economy keeps booming along,its better for Business.

hope my better half finds Her happy Niche in her work.

hope my little Buddy`s Meniscus surgery is easy and fixes his leg.

hope Minnesota gets better politically so we don`t have to move.

hope i don`t have to do too much more work on this house.

mostly i hope my wife and i have a kid,its been a difficulty for us and as i get older it gets less likely to happen.

i do hope everyone has a great New Year and Everyone`s Health holds up,and that the cost to keep you`r Heath care goes down there`s too much stress involved in it and Health Care should be doing the Opposite of that.

agreed my health coverage just went to 4 digits a month just for me  .BCBSNC has a monopoly here ,  its them or them 

Edited by ASH
  • Confused 1

family remains healthy, happy. above all else, number one. family is everything.

my lady is successful in finding relief for her back and neck pain issues.

second knee replacement goes well, so that i may rehab and walk without pain for the first time in over twenty years.

fake news continues to embarrass itself, Russia investigation indicts the Democrat conspirators, Clinton Foundation.

equal justice for all becomes the norm. no more special interpretations and selective prosecutions based on position, power, wealth, political party affiliation.

the end of anything Clinton.

admission and recognition of the failure and wasted BHO eight years.

• Like 1

Staying healthy is my hope.  I have everything else I need or want.  I'd like to turn 70 in six months feeling as well or better than I do now.

I also hope that our medical system can do better at keeping people out of pain, even if they can't always cure the problems that cause it.

I am hoping this younger lady whom we seem to have much in common works out.  Doubt it though, cuz so close but yet so far away at the same time.

I wish my dog good health through the year.

I hope I wake up each morning and can go on...

• Like 1

Financially I plan to be out of debt and have a good amount in savings.  My goal originally was to be out of debt by my birthday, that isn't going to happen, but it should be close.  Maybe a month or two after. 

Lifting I want to hit lifetime personal records on the squat, bench press, and deadlift.  Bench I want to hit 315.  Lifetime record was 275 about 3 years ago.  Right now I am working with 165 but could probably do an easy competition single at 185.  I can pin press 185 from my sticking point pretty easy and it used to be a good indicator of my current bench press.  Squat and deadlift I want to get to 405 maybe a little less on the squat. What I want to do is pull 315 for 12, which would tie a rep pr.  I want to do a bunch of volume type stuff which I haven't done for years.  Lately been doing stuff like strip sets and pyramids(not just half pyramids) for upper body.  I used to love to do high rep rack pulls.  Best was 405 for 10 from slightly below the knees.  Going to incorporate that again.   

Relationship wise I want to be in one by the end of the year, but not just one to be be in one.  I want a good and blessed one.

all good goals  and i truly hope everyone gets to where they want . i know  how important health is    and i hope for that the most  of all the good people  . i dont know who said " if you got your health you got it all " but thats is one on the truest statements ever .  and everyone be safe on the roads   , from now to jan 2  watch your six .