Moto X4 review: An awesome midrange Android phone

TBO

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:08 AM, TBO said:

https://www.cnet.com/products/motorola-moto-x4/review/

-------------

Weak point, camera is a bit slow.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

I briefly looked at that model when jumping ship from my Windows Phone a couple months ago.

For my purposes, it didn't add enough value for the added cost over the G5 series.

I bought a G5S Plus and loved the phone.  Nice screen size.  Smooth OS.  An easy transition from Windows Mobile.  But NOT recommended as the screens on the G5S Plus models seem to crack easily, even when cased, based on numerous online reports.

I've traded that one in for the slightly older (spring release) G5 Plus.  Smaller screen (5.2 vs 5.5) but slightly better camera (12 mp with dual autofocus pixels performs better in most settings than the 5S Plus' 13 mp standard pixels that's paired with a 2nd depth lens).

If you are a basic user (email, texts, driving directions, surfing, and occasional posts on gun forums) the Moto G5 Plus with Amazon ads for $185 can't be beat for balancing price and features.

Downsides:  No NFC, if you use that feature.  Camera, while very good for class, is a far cry from iPhone, Samsung, or my old Lumia 950.

• Like 1