We spoke, they listened

Huskerbuttons

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/an...ersal.1672138/

Its nice to be heard and listened to. Glad to see they came to their senses. Of course the mass exodus to this site might have prodded them some.

Would you mind cluing me in on what happened? I saw and read the apology by Austin and I assumed he reversed the banishment of someone???

But what exactly happened?

I started work again this week and our new servers ban GT and so I have been on like 90% less than I was over my summer off.

Thanks bro.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/an-apology-and-a-reversal.1672138/

Its nice to be heard and listened to. Glad to see they came to their senses. Of course the mass exodus to this site might have prodded them some.

It was classy of Austin to issue the apology and clarification.

I haven't seen the daily thread count fall off since TBS started. It's still early, and Austin's post should ease the hard feeling. I suspect both will do well.

You still need a place to discuss tenifer, bff, and 25 cent trigger jobs. Haven't seen that here.

• Like 4

I still post at GT and will likely be there more than here. I appreciate the freedom to curse, and being in the Navy, cursing doesn't bother me and I indulge occasionally, myself. However, so far this site is just GT with the freedom to curse and say extremely offensive things for no reason.

Maybe it's a secret plan between Eric and Austin to draw away all the vulgar people from GT...

• Like 3

Considering a couple threads that continued after the announcement I guessed there was a chance he was mad at some some specific stuff that went well over the line and not some of the typical stuff that while perhaps not comfortable for everyone is usually based in truth. It was nice of him to post this.

Austin did a classy and adult thing. You'd have to be a world class ******* not to accept his apology especially when one wasn't really called for.

True statement. His house, his rules. Didn't much like it at the time, but not my say.

• Like 1

Austin did a classy and adult thing. You'd have to be a world class ******* not to accept his apology especially when one wasn't really called for.

True statement. His house, his rules. Didn't much like it at the time, but not my say.

Agreed we need to get rid of this 10 characters bullshit.

perhaps he came to understand the scope of offended people is becoming ridiculous.

some people find racism in everything.

his move seems to me an effort to consider intent rather than succumb to the snowflake PC mentality.

i feel he made a good decision here.

some things i say would/could be considered racist by certain folks. i also have three mixed race grandchildren, and my best man in 1971 was of color.

i have taught all my (now adult) children to consider content of character, and that is being passed on to my grandchildren.

so, the prospect of being banned due to another persons PC mentality would not exactly be in order.

my intent is equal opportunity, and that would include a funny Italian joke once in a while (i am of Italian descent).

• Like 3

I AM a world class *******.

And I accepted his apology. :supergrin:

Regards,

Happyguy :)

• Like 2

I still post at GT and will likely be there more than here. I appreciate the freedom to curse, and being in the Navy, cursing doesn't bother me and I indulge occasionally, myself. However, so far this site is just GT with the freedom to curse and say extremely offensive things for no reason.

Maybe it's a secret plan between Eric and Austin to draw away all the vulgar people from GT...

I was thinking almost those exact words.

Hopefully, TBS will evolve into more than "GT with crude language."

• Like 2

Y'know, I always thought Austin was pretty chill and logical. That's why his original thread pissed me off and shocked me. It didn't really sound like the Austin I was used to. He always seemed pretty even keeled. His apology seemed sincere, and it takes balls to step up and admit a mistake to one person, let alone to a whole community that you just scolded and angered.

I got ONE infraction at GT, ever. It was for saying something honest, in a racist way. I'd probably say the same thing again, if the topic arose, and accept the consequences, again.

• Like 1

Hi Vart! Glad you made it over here.

some things i say would/could be considered racist by certain folks.

As I said to someone else, a statement such as "The Ferguson rioters are acting like a bunch of monkeys" does not equate to "Blacks are monkeys." However, the by now completely co-opted "civil rights movement" will force that equivalence, with the media's support, whenever they can to quash any righteous indignation at criminal acts committed by criminals who happen to be black.

Make no mistake, there are strong forces at work to destroy America, and they use the PC movement to further their aims. GT has become a corporate entity and as such will take steps necessary to protect its profits. I support them in this, but I'm not so naive as to think they're just a bunch of guys who get together online to BS about guns, girls, and politics.

• Like 1

I was thinking almost those exact words.

Hopefully, TBS will evolve into more than "GT with crude language."

I haven't seen many of those posts here yet and I like TBS so far. Of course, I like GT too. If it does turn into "GT with crude language," however, there will be no advantage to coming here, for me anyway.